Global Warming Fraud

Discussion in 'General Science Discussions' started by Overmind One, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

Since the other Global Warming thread is titled with "denials and crap", I decided to post a newer thread with a more accurate title naming the Manmade Global Warming hoax a fraud (because it is). After all, this is the SCIENCE forum at GateFans, and science does not support manmade global climate change or manmade global warming. :)

The two camps on this subject are as divided as that between Creationists and Evolutionists. The non-scientific camp believes that Man is causing global climate change by burning fossil fuels and dumping CO2 into the atmosphere which is turn is allegedly creating greenhouse gases which will heat up the earth and burn us all alive (well, not exactly, but to hear them speak you might think that).

The scientific camp who is actually taking time to investigate the science and verifying the data being used to make the ridiculous claims are exposing the true purpose of the Manmade Global Warming scam, and that is to make money on remediation and emissions control technology and devices.

This topic is important because AGW (anthropogenic global warming) has spawned such things as the Toyota Prius, has closed coal plants across the southeast and midwest, and allowed the creation of "currency" known as Carbon Credits:

It is a SCAM, FRAUD, HOAX, LIE of monumental proportions. Mass media latched on to the IPCC fraud as a result of Al Gore's impassioned pleas and the loud whining of pundits who are accomplices in the scam. Manmade Global Warming is the lie that pays BILLIONS. It is the closest real life example of the Emperor's New Clothes story.

I could continue with posting all of the data which has been published which destroys the fraud, but I think we should discuss this. :) The other thread contains some great anti-fraud information but the title of the thread is off-putting to me. The only "denials and crap" are the people standing there claiming that Manmade Global Warming/Manmade Global Climate Change is real, but it is NOT.

temp.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Annoyed

Annoyed Surly Old Curmudgeon

Om, you just have to remember 1 thing, and it all makes sense.
    The goal of the U.N. and the other envrios is not and never has been anything related to the environment at all.

Their goal is the extraction of money from the developed "western" economies (read: United States) and if possible, to lower the standard of living in the U.S. At least one of the UN's policy wonks has admitted to this. (see my post in the other thread for details)

As long as you keep this in mind, their actions make perfect sense.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Overmind One

The Wizard of Oz belongs to the IPCC:

This entity was formed purely on falsehoods claiming that Man's activities are causing global climactic changes. But upon closer scrutiny, we find inconsistencies, falsified data and fabrications. We find retroactive changes to official data presented by NASA and NOAA to support the notion of anthropogenic global warming.

However, since 2001, many of the scientists who originally supported AGW are now opposed to it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesta...cientists-skeptical-of-global-warming-crisis/

Excerpt:

192943_5_.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...cience_does_not_support_ipcc_conclusions.html

First, we note that each report “Summary” is produced by a political consensus, not like the underlying scientific report. [Doubting readers can visit the web site] As Rogers points out, the U.N. mandate is: “understanding the scientific basis of risk of human-induced climate change…” There is no mandate to consider any other causations, such as natural ones related to solar change and ocean circulation cycles -- just presumptive human causes, such as fossil fuels. The IPCC sees a human climate-fingerprint everywhere because that is what they are looking for.

Specifically, IPCC-AR1 indicates a climate sensitivity of 4.5 deg, by considering both reported temperature increases (1910-1940 and 1975-1997) to be anthropogenic [S 1]. After severe criticism of this 'evidence', IPCC dropped the climate sensitivity to 2.5 deg by considering only the most recent decades of reported global warming as anthropogenic. The earlier warming (1910-1940) is now considered to be caused by natural forcing.

Having given up on anthropogenic forcing for 1910-40, IPCC then considered different types of evidence to support AGW for the interval 1975-2000. In their 1996 report, AR2, Ben Santer “manufactured” the so called Hotspot (HS), a calculated maximum warming of the upper troposphere [S-3], and claimed it as a fingerprint of AGW. This is incorrect on two counts; the HS is not a fingerprint of AGW at all -- and it does not even exist. It was manufactured from the (balloon-radiosonde) temperature record, where a segment shows a short-term increase while there has been no long-term increase [S-4] as clearly seen from the actual data.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Overmind One

From two days ago:

http://www.newsmax.com/MKTNews/global-warming-hoax-facts/2014/10/17/id/601458/

Bill Nye chickened out of a manmade global warming debate, and none of the shills pushing this fraud DARE submit to a public, scientific debate on this topic. To do so is to destroy the myth and expose the fraud.

So, will the Global Warners please step up and support their positions WITH SCIENCE? They cant and they wont. As soon as you begin to look at the assertions from the Left and from those who believe in this fraud, you see that it is all political, all anecdotal and most of the time distorted or even fabricated whole cloth.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bluce Ree

Bluce Ree Tech Admin / Council Member

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Overmind One

giphy.gif

Brilliantly presented. :) How come nobody who believes in the fraud is CHECKING THE DATA? It isnt hard to debunk it at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rac80

Rac80 The Belle of the Ball

The Earth has NOT warmed in 18 + years. back in the 70's the same guy who screams global warming now was screaming coming ice age then.

The "green" movement is where the old commies went after the USSR fell. It's wealth redistribution - another type of "green" being moved. :P

ever notice how those ridculously rich promoters of the global climate change movement are never willing to make their HUGE carbon foot print smaller. 2 examples (of many) : #1 Al Gore has a house in Tennessee that has a carbon footprint of 27 normal families, #2 at the Davos conference on climate change there were so many private planes they had to use a local military base to park them all. (1700 in all) it's for us - the little people to make our carbon footprints smaller! oh the hypocrisy! :P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...s-Switzerland-double-number-private-jets.html

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Overmind One

BRAVO! And that fairly recent movie Day After Tomorrow? It was written when the Global Cooling folks (wait...they are the same folks :)) were whining about the coming Ice Age. What is the sequel, Two Days After...where the earth burns up because of Global Warming? Just effing LOL!

Also, let's look at who and how money is being made on this fraud. I shake my head at those who think they are making a difference by driving overpriced, ugly hybrids and are taking all that time to sort their trash when the truck just dumps everything in the same place. :facepalm:

9. Rac80

Okay a funny about that movie- when it came out I was taking a geology class. One of the students actually asked the professor how "realistic" the movie was-- the poor prof's eyes spun 360 I swear. He then spent the entire class period lecturing us on the falsity of global warming. This moronic kid kept arguing with him and I had to say something (of course! ) which enlightened the little turd that we had been told to fear a coming ice age in the 70's. The prof gave me a huge grin and ended the class with - its a movie! the next class he brought in photocopies of the Time article from '75 to give to everyone. :D so whenever i think of that movie I remember that whiney kid-- he ended up founding a global warming club on campus. Mr rac used to ask if they just sat around and farted at each other. :P very witty my hubby is! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

What? You didn't like The Day After Tomorrow with its "physics" like:

- 200+ foot high storm surge into Manhattan that stays there long enough to freeze.

- Temperatures cold enough to freeze people and animals solid in seconds.

- The "supercell" storms forming giant vortextes which somehow care caused by an oceanic current "shutting down"....

- And the implication that had we just signed the Kyoto Accords none of this would have happened.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Bluce Ree

Bluce Ree Tech Admin / Council Member

I hate movies written from a soapbox.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Rac80

it had dennis quaid-- love that smile! Mr rac heckeled that one out loud in the theater! :shep_lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jim of WVa

Jim of WVa Well Known GateFan

I recently looked at the historical record of stream flows for the Kanawha River in West Virginia for the period of time since the upstream reservoirs became operational (1966). There appears to have been a statistically significant increase of total stream discharge even during the summer months. So much for climate change causing reductions in available water.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Overmind One

See, that sort of thing is what is destroying AGW. Nothing predicted by the ridiculous models is panning out in the real world. All they are trying to do is convince those politicians and legislators and nations that something MUST be done (at a cost, of course). AGW nonsense is what has closed the coal plants in the south east and the Appalachians, and is also responsible for the draconian emissions standards we have today.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Jim of WVa

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Overmind One

Personally, I think we NEED coal to power certain industries. Coal can and should be used to fuel electric power generating plants for all those damned dumb hybrids running around. Wouldnt that be ironic!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jim of WVa

Either that or nuclear power. Won't the greens like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Overmind One

They are so annoying...Im getting so I cant stand being around them or patronizing their establishments because they are being overrun by hipsters who believe in manmade global warming and look at me sideways for eating animal products. Eff them. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. shavedape

shavedape Well Known GateFan Staff Member

I don't have a huge problem with coal power in the 21st century because it can be utilized in a much cleaner fashion than it was in years past. There are scrubbers and other options that greatly reduce emissions from power plants. Same with natural gas power plants. I'm fine with all this until we develop even more efficient ways of creating energy.

Oddly enough I'm not a fan of nuclear (fission) power these days. Fukishima proved that if something can go wrong it will. It's as simple as that. Coal and natural gas are much safer options.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1