Ghostbusters Afterlife

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Ant-Man be busting ghosts!

It could be worthwhile, but I get the feeling it'll be focused too much on the children.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, Ba'al, that is a risk. But as so far it is both tonally like the original and seems respectful of the original story and characters it is encouraging.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I guess this got sneak previewed at CinemaCon, and the response was very positive. Hope persists!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Finally watched this. It was actually good. It wasn't at all woke. It did focus on the kids, but that wasn't a problem. It didn't do any harm to the original movies, in fact, it honored them. It kinda works as a standalone movie, but it's better if you have knowledge of the originals. It wasn't cringe in any way. In fact, the original movies are cringe compared to this. So yeah, good job on the production. Still, it wasn't super spectacular or anything. I suppose knowing the original movies made this more fun to watch.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I agree, it was sad mostly for me knowing that Ramos was gone in real life, and this must have been all CGI only since he had been so sick before he died some years before.
They really did honor him in this movie, and I found it ironic that he had a real falling out for years with Ackroyd in real life right until he got very ill and they made up before he died.

The movie itself was cute, not amazing but enjoyable. I could watch again in the future, but not too soon. There was a few little easter eggs in it for fans of the original.