Funny Stuff you find online (nothing NSFW)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I am an IT professional. :) I know fear tactics when I see them, at least when it comes to information technology. Tor and Hola are dangerous to intellectual property and the effectiveness of geo-locking. That = BAD. But only for those wanting to protect their control of said information (or media). Screw them. Not enough people will challenge the "gurus" at ARS Technica (just LOL!). I used to be able to keep my nephew from snooping in the garage by telling him a monster lived in there. :smiley-laughing021: Not much anyone can do to Linux through a VPN tunnel. :icon_cool:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I am an IT professional. :) I know fear tactics when I see them, at least when it comes to information technology. Tor and Hola are dangerous to intellectual property and the effectiveness of geo-locking. That = BAD. But only for those wanting to protect their control of said information (or media). Screw them. Not enough people will challenge the "gurus" at ARS Technica (just LOL!). I used to be able to keep my nephew from snooping in the garage by telling him a monster lived in there. :smiley-laughing021: Not much anyone can do to Linux through a VPN tunnel. :icon_cool:
I know you are but this is about getting mixed up with people abusing the point of a VPN and using it for their own messed up reasons.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know you are but this is about getting mixed up with people abusing the point of a VPN and using it for their own messed up reasons.

Dude, the Hola VPN in in Google's extension market, which means one is not getting "mixed up" with anyone. Geo-locking is what is messed up, as is charging people to watch media and then shoving commercials in their faces which the channels get paid for as well. What I see is so many people willing to be tools in somebody else's toolbox to be used and abused at will. Tools are passive instruments which are tasked to do a defined set of things (defined by the user of the tools), and nothing else. The only free person in the toolbox scenario is the person who pulls tools out of that toolbox. Which one are you? I am definitely not in anyone's toolbox.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Dude, the Hola VPN in in Google's extension market, which means one is not getting "mixed up" with anyone. Geo-locking is what is messed up, as is charging people to watch media and then shoving commercials in their faces which the channels get paid for as well. What I see is so many people willing to be tools in somebody else's toolbox to be used and abused at will. Tools are passive instruments which are tasked to do a defined set of things (defined by the user of the tools), and nothing else. The only free person in the toolbox scenario is the person who pulls tools out of that toolbox. Which one are you? I am definitely not in anyone's toolbox.

I don't like being told how to watch my content, no, absolutely not, but you are dealing with corporate bullies here.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't like being told how to watch my content, no, absolutely not, but you are dealing with corporate bullies here.

Very true. :) But many of those bullied will fight back.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:crying-028::icon_rotflmao::shep_lol::rotflmao::joy::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This was cool as hell!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I gave it a winner, but bringing back Rick Astley for a gold star hardly seems worth the cost.............

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member