Firefly Season 2? With ORIGINAL cast? It could happen....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I found this from last month:

Nathan-Fillion-and-co-stars-say-they-are-up-for-a-Firefly-revival.jpg

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...y-are-up-for-a-Firefly-revival/8071444490571/

NEW YORK, Oct. 10 (UPI) -- Former Firefly co-stars Nathan Fillion, Jewel Staite and Gina Torres say they would jump at the chance to revive their beloved, futuristic space western for a second season.

Created by Joss Whedon, the show ran for 11 episodes in 2002 and was capped by the big-screen finale Serenity in 2005. The franchise has since developed a cult following as demonstrated by the thousands of people who turned out for a New York Comic Con panel Saturday to see the former cast members share their favorite memories and answer questions about the series.

Given the recent trend of breathing new life into past properties such as Arrested Development, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Heroes: Reborn, Fuller House, Girl Meets World and Community, Fillion, Staite and Torres were asked about a hypothetical revival of their gone-too-soon series.

Pressed by an audience member to divulge if they would want to star in a second season -- should one miraculously be greenlit -- or if they would just make guest appearances on it, Fillion quickly replied, "Full-time, please."

"Yeah, otherwise, they would have new people who were there full-time," Staite noted.

"And nobody wants that," Torres agreed, as the crowd cheered.

Firefly_class_ship.jpg

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I would love for it to happen more than anyone, but to be realistic, if it ever does it would probably be a limited thing like a sequel movie or a short mini-series. I'd watch anything of course, but I fear they would not be able to recreate that magic again.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think a mini-series would be cool. They could definitely do it. :beckett_new049:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think a mini-series would be cool. They could definitely do it. :beckett_new049:

Yes, and they all WANT to do it. We have discussed prior engagements, but the stars themselves say they are down with doing Firefly again. It reminds me so much of the period of time between when Star Trek TOS was the only reason there were Star Trek conventions. We are talking more than TEN YEARS before ST: The Motion Picture. But it was really ST: TNG that revived Trek. In this case, I think we need to start with the series and skip any movie idea. The fandom surrounding Firefly is like that which was surrounding Trek before it was revived. Why is it being ignored? They want to reboot Lost In Space and Charlie's Angels, but not Firefly?

Last edited:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
cause unlike charlie's angels - firefly is not T & A! :P personally lost in space was a terrible tv show & reboot! did not like either incarnation!

Last edited:

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I think it would depend a lot on what happens with Castle. It has finally started to get it's grove back. If Castle continues, I could see NF doing a mini series at most. If cancelled, he might jump into another series. I only mention him because the others are important but there is NO show Firefly without him.