Firefly fan made series - The Verse

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Vic Mignona is in this too (Star Trek Continues - Kirk). WATCH THIS! Firefly fan video? Whaddaya know? :daniel_new_anime021::jackanime14::joy::smiley-money-mouth:

Starring

Hunter: Ryan Caldwell (@rycaldwell)
Stack: Jennifer Wenger (@JennyWenger)
Yoke: Peter Weidman (@PeterWeidman)
Maribelle: Tybee Diskin (@hellotybeeren)
Rusty: Zack Finfrock (@ZackFinfrock)
Annie: Alex Marshall-Brown (@amarshallbrown)
Chow: Ewan Chung (@ewanchung)
Commodore Woodruff: Vic Mignogna (@vicmignogna)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No comments on this? Did anyone check it out?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I did.

It's....okay. The visuals are fair. The story is pretty naff though and the characters were a bit too much patterned on the Firefly crew, which isn't necessary. Set a story in the 'verse and create new and different characters.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I did.

It's....okay. The visuals are fair. The story is pretty naff though and the characters were a bit too much patterned on the Firefly crew, which isn't necessary. Set a story in the 'verse and create new and different characters.

Agreed. I think this particular project is what you getwhen you DON'T get actual full permissions to do a fan flick. Nowhere in it is Firefly mentioned, even the font of the titles is intentionally differentiated. The ship is close, but not a Firefly (like in the show). The capability to create an exact ship is well within the abilities of the producers. I don't know for sure, just speculating here.