Fiat Chrysler

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tripler, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tripler

I have lost count as to how many people ask me why the hell would I use a hand brake in an automatic transmission vehicle. I think there question has been answered . I have never liked or trusted auto transmissions . Chrysler have been having an issue with this since 2010 according to that article yet are only now trying to rectify the issue. What a crap company ... Be very wary around Chrysler vehicles . I bet it's not just there trucks that have the issue either ...I think they and Hungdie should merge ... What a great company that would make lol ...
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tripler

New cars do not even have a mechanical cable going to the rear brakes any more . It's a button or small lever you push or pull and it does it with electronics ... Again even this makes me nervous about the vehicle being properly wheel locked . What if the battery dies ? Does this take the parking brake off ?
    :icon_neutral:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. PussyGalore

PussyGalore Kiss mah grits!

They're selling new cars nowadays without a spare tire. Not even one of those little doughnut wheels. Nothing. If you're lucky they will include a tube of tire sealer. Either that or they expect you to rely on a roadside assistance service plan to come and take care of you. I guess it's not surprising considering how many people don't know how to change a tire these days. As it is once my car goes out of warranty I change my own oil and do basic maintenance myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

Chrysler has been passed around like a crack whore. When Daimler-Benz owned it, the Chrysler CAD process used to design cars and build them with shorter cycles was "borrowed", then Benz dumped them. Now, every Mercedes made since then has been a shadow of those made before 2005 in terms of quality. Then they were bouught by Cerberus in 2009, and did shit cars with them, and now Fiat owns them. I think it best to avoid all products infected with Chrysler DNA!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

AAA seemed surprised when they had to change a flat I got on the freeway and saw my FULL SIZED spare (with matching alloy wheel). Why is it they can include a full sized spare plus have a trunk large enough for 4 golf bags in a 20yr+ old car about the size of new Nissan Maxima, but not in a larger newer car?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tripler

The new generation of humans have become useless drones addicted to there cell fonz and there tech . Lets see Siri or Alexa change a tire for you .
    :confused0006:

• Agree Agree x 1