Favourite Stargate Movie?

Odyssey

GateFans Noob
Hey all, out of the all the Stargate Movies, what is your favourite one or if not in which order would you rate them and why?

My favourite Stargate movie is: Stargate - Continuum
Because it really showed how great they are at acting. Like Ba'al he was funny and cunning and cool. Jack was funny and Daniel too. Good effects, good story and plot. Best in my heart.

My second favourite is Stargate the Original movie
Kurt Russell may not be RDA but he was a kick ass soldier and made it a good film to watch. Was the film that got me hooked on Stargate, loved it up until SGU

My third favourite is Stargate: Ark of Truth
Even though it seemed rushed and was not what i expected, it was still a good movie to watch. Sadly though, it seemed more of a "episode" rather then the film and did not have the same elements as Stargate Continuum delivered. Still a good Scifi film
(wish we could have more)

What's yours?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
movies

1. Stargate: Continuum-- LOVED that movie...I loved the "old style" SG1 feel to it! Yaaay for cam! :D

2. Stargate: the Ark of Truth...who the ()(*&)&*^(&*%*&^%^&^*(()_)@#$%#@$#$ thought up that #%##$$&^%*& replicator storyline! arrrgh! what a waste of half the movie! otherwise a nice tie-up to the Ori storyline. It does though have my favorite scene of all stargate movies....Teal'c and Tomin talking about their guilt....GREAT scene!
3. Stargate--- Only watched the original AFTER i got "into" Sg1, ABSOLUTELY hated it...No Teal'c! But since then I have rewatched it a few times (bought it for $5 in the bargain bin) and it isn't as bad as I thought.

Adding because they were released individually-
4. Stargate Atlantis: Rising-- also released individually. No changes to the original , a couple of added "extras" (interviews) but not worth buying (another bargain bin buy....:)). Still the best pilot of a series I have ever seen!
5. Stargate SG1: Children of the Gods (Final Cut)--- bought this just to see what the fuss was about (and hey it was on sale! :P) it's okay...they cut some of the best lines (i.e. Sam's reproductive organs line), had more footage of a few other scenes, cut the nudity...would I pay $20 for it? heck no...it was okay but I still prefer the version from the series.

Odyssey

GateFans Noob
1. Stargate: Continuum-- LOVED that movie...I loved the "old style" SG1 feel to it! Yaaay for cam! :D

2. Stargate: the Ark of Truth...who the ()(*&)&*^(&*%*&^%^&^*(()_)@#$%#@$#$ thought up that #%##$$&^%*& replicator storyline! arrrgh! what a waste of half the movie! otherwise a nice tie-up to the Ori storyline. It does though have my favorite scene of all stargate movies....Teal'c and Tomin talking about their guilt....GREAT scene!
3. Stargate--- Only watched the original AFTER i got "into" Sg1, ABSOLUTELY hated it...No Teal'c! But since then I have rewatched it a few times (bought it for $5 in the bargain bin) and it isn't as bad as I thought.

Adding because they were released individually-
4. Stargate Atlantis: Rising-- also released individually. No changes to the original , a couple of added "extras" (interviews) but not worth buying (another bargain bin buy....:)). Still the best pilot of a series I have ever seen!
5. Stargate SG1: Children of the Gods (Final Cut)--- bought this just to see what the fuss was about (and hey it was on sale! :P) it's okay...they cut some of the best lines (i.e. Sam's reproductive organs line), had more footage of a few other scenes, cut the nudity...would I pay $20 for it? heck no...it was okay but I still prefer the version from the series.

I didn't know Stargate Atlantis - Rising was a stand alone film? I did hear once that it was written to be a movie but that's all i heard.

Yeah Children of Gods i remember that, watched it recently. Was a good movie to watch and cool to have Jack and the team altogether.

I didnt like the plot with the replicators mixed with the ori. It was like they tried to use the two powerful nemeses for the action, rather then the tying up of the ori ark. The scene between Teal'c and Tomin. It was a very powerful moment as it reminds you of Teal's background. I wish they had done a episode directly about Teal'c, his trining, his youth and how he became a jaffa warrior and his dad. I know they had parts here and there about him but not in very much detail.

However, i didn't like the Teal'c / Ronan scene in SGA as Teal'c had dreds!!! WTF?? lol...good fight scenes though :)

Cam, Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Vala, Daniel and Ba'al (he is my favourite nemeses. He rocks and is funny!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Continuum for sure. It has all main the characters of SG-1 to varying degrees and most importantly has the "feel" of everything that, IMHO, is Stargate. Next I'd vote for AoT as it is a great adventure romp. It's no "groundbreaking piece of filmography" but it is a fun watch. Last I'd go with the original movie, purely because I tend to view them (original movie vs series) as two different beasts, much like the way I view the ST movies and ST series. Not the best explanation to be sure, but I hope you get my point.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I didn't know Stargate Atlantis - Rising was a stand alone film? I did hear once that it was written to be a movie but that's all i heard.

Yeah Children of Gods i remember that, watched it recently. Was a good movie to watch and cool to have Jack and the team altogether.

I didnt like the plot with the replicators mixed with the ori. It was like they tried to use the two powerful nemeses for the action, rather then the tying up of the ori ark. The scene between Teal'c and Tomin. It was a very powerful moment as it reminds you of Teal's background. I wish they had done a episode directly about Teal'c, his trining, his youth and how he became a jaffa warrior and his dad. I know they had parts here and there about him but not in very much detail.

However, i didn't like the Teal'c / Ronan scene in SGA as Teal'c had dreds!!! WTF?? lol...good fight scenes though :)

Cam, Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Vala, Daniel and Ba'al (he is my favourite nemeses. He rocks and is funny!

they released it specially as a single dvd. i got it on ebay for a couple of dollars as a surprise for my daughter. she is the bigger sga fan. It was essentially the pilot, no additional footage but did have a couple of "extras" that weren't in season set.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I wasn't blown away by either SG1 movies. They were meh for me. But I have to say I like AoT more because it, like Gatefan said, was very adventurous. Though I don't like how the Ark just randomly popped in. I think it would have flowed more smoothly if the weapon they had been searching for a season was in play in AoT but they got rid of it in The Shroud. Which I loved. I think The Quest 1 & 2 and the Shroud would have made a beast movie. Those episodes showed the team together, something AoT and continuum didn't have.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I wasn't blown away by either SG1 movies. They were meh for me. But I have to say I like AoT more because it, like Gatefan said, was very adventurous. Though I don't like how the Ark just randomly popped in. I think it would have flowed more smoothly if the weapon they had been searching for a season was in play in AoT but they got rid of it in The Shroud. Which I loved. I think The Quest 1 & 2 and the Shroud would have made a beast movie. Those episodes showed the team together, something AoT and continuum didn't have.

I must respectfully disagree with you there OCgatergal, only on Continuum however. SG:C did (at least for me) really cover the "old" and "new" SG-1 feel of humor, teamwork and "against all odds" that I fell in love with. Would AoT benifitted from more background?, hell yes, But I see AoT as more of a "stand-alone" movie/event, much like the original Stargate, I think it works fine.

deco

GateFans Noob
i like the 3 stargate movies humor and adventurous the last 2 movies, on the first one i think that is what sgu should be

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
. SG:C did (at least for me) really cover the "old" and "new" SG-1 feel of humor, teamwork and "against all odds" that I fell in love with.
I really liked how Daniel, Cam and Sam worked together to get back. I guess I would have preferred if the whole gang went along, not just the 3.