Fast 6 - sequels that keep getting better

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I went to see Fast 6 today, which made up for my utter disappointment with ST: Into Crappiness last week.

These guys have the right formula. They keep reinventing themselves with every movie and it's the only franchise I can think of that went from almost becoming a straight-to-DVD B-movie by the 3rd sequel to one of the only franchises with sequels that actually outdo the previous.

After almost having tanked the series by focusing too much on the underground racing, which nearly destroyed Fast 2 & 3, Fast 4 went back to the criminal element of the story. Fast 5 broke the franchise's previous records and it looks like Fast 6 will outdo them all.

This movie is action-packed. After having enjoyed the luxury of an empty, early screening of Star Trek last week, I was shocked at how packed this movie was so early. By noon, there was a lineup outside.

Michele Rodriguez returns to the series and we find out exactly what happened to her the night of her supposed death in Fast 4 and why she never returned to the gang.

If you're looking for an enjoyable popcorn flick filled with action, a good story, likable characters and fast cars, this movie is a must see.

If you stay through the first series of short credits at the end, you get a glimpse of the next movie. It looks like the next movie will pick up immediately after Tokyo Drift. The preview picks up right at Han's death, showing us that his car explosion and subsequent burning to death on screen was no accident.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sounds cool Bluce...I really liked the original Fast and the Furious. Not so much the next two but Fast and Furious was pretty good and Fast Five was great. Likeable characters you can root for coupled with decent stories and - let's be honest - a near utter disregard for the laws of physics.

So I gather we now know how the films piece together? It goes in story order:

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast Six
Tokyo Drift

And the seventh film will actually be the sequel to Tokyo Drift then.

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Sounds cool Bluce...I really liked the original Fast and the Furious. Not so much the next two but Fast and Furious was pretty good and Fast Five was great. Likeable characters you can root for coupled with decent stories and - let's be honest - a near utter disregard for the laws of physics.

Of course! We get some of that in this movie as well but it's one hell of a fun ride! :icon_lol:

So I gather we now know how the films piece together? It goes in story order:

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast Six
Tokyo Drift

And the seventh film will actually be the sequel to Tokyo Drift then.

Yes! And it's set for a release date of July 2014. From what I understand, they're shifting away from the standard multu-year hiatus to an annual summer release cycle. These movies get more popular with every sequel, which is unusual and the people involved want to make sure there's little time to cool off in between.

I have to say, though, it's the first time I saw so many people get so into a movie. People actually cheered during certain scenes, even getting up and clapping, screaming like groupies watching rock stars on stage. Ever since bringing Justin Lin on board with Tokyo Drift, this movie franchise came back from near death in the most spectacular way and each sequel outdoes the previous. I can't recall any movie where each sequel only gets better and outshines the previous installments consistently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This scene was both exciting and hilarious!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I went to see Fast 6 today, which made up for my utter disappointment with ST: Into Crappiness last week.

These guys have the right formula. They keep reinventing themselves with every movie and it's the only franchise I can think of that went from almost becoming a straight-to-DVD B-movie by the 3rd sequel to one of the only franchises with sequels that actually outdo the previous.

After almost having tanked the series by focusing too much on the underground racing, which nearly destroyed Fast 2 & 3, Fast 4 went back to the criminal element of the story. Fast 5 broke the franchise's previous records and it looks like Fast 6 will outdo them all.

This movie is action-packed. After having enjoyed the luxury of an empty, early screening of Star Trek last week, I was shocked at how packed this movie was so early. By noon, there was a lineup outside.

Michele Rodriguez returns to the series and we find out exactly what happened to her the night of her supposed death in Fast 4 and why she never returned to the gang.

If you're looking for an enjoyable popcorn flick filled with action, a good story, likable characters and fast cars, this movie is a must see.

If you stay through the first series of short credits at the end, you get a glimpse of the next movie. It looks like the next movie will pick up immediately after Tokyo Drift. The preview picks up right at Han's death, showing us that his car explosion and subsequent burning to death on screen was no accident.

I freely admit, I haven't watched all of these--remiss on my duties....

but, the Japanese guy (or whatever) who was in the first one (and died? he died somewhere) and then was again in TOKYO DRIFT as the same character. I saw a "making of" thing where they talked on this saying that TD took place before the first F&F movie (or something like that)

any idea what I am talking about?
:rolleye0014:

these issues that keep me awake all night!! :anim_59:
--- merged: May 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM ---
I admit it freely. I admire the guy. He's a humble dude in real life, has a great screen presence, is charismatic enough to play action, drama and even movies for children. :)

and he just had hernia repair surgery--a man's man. and a WWF un-necessity--why does he still do that bilge when he has a good acting career going? (hey side note--would he make a great Star Trek captain or what? Or a new SG Team leader?--screw 'wrastlin'):

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ter-wrestlemania-clash-with-john-cena-2013234

Bluce Ree

I freely admit, I haven't watched all of these--remiss on my duties....

but, the Japanese guy (or whatever) who was in the first one (and died? he died somewhere) and then was again in TOKYO DRIFT as the same character. I saw a "making of" thing where they talked on this saying that TD took place before the first F&F movie (or something like that)

any idea what I am talking about?
:rolleye0014:

these issues that keep me awake all night!! :anim_59:

Han died in Tokyo Drift, which takes place AFTER Fast 6 and before the next installment. Joelist posted the list just above in order. In brief, all the Fast movies so far took place before the events in Tokyo Drift.

The events in Tokyo Drift are addressed in a mini spoiler preview just after the first set of closing credits at the end of Fast 6, where we see Jason Statham walk up to Han's car just after it crashed and blows it up then places a call to Toretto. This is where we find out Han's death was no accident.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, up until then there was some question where the three latest films fit into the timeline. That scene locked it all into place. Because Fast Six is the direct sequel to Fast Five and Fast Five the direct sequel to Fast and Furious all three belong as a unit in the timeline. By putting the end of Tokyo Drift in a post credits scene we now know that they are inserted between 2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift.

Pity they killed off Giselle too. I liked Gal Gadot.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
and he just had hernia repair surgery--a man's man. and a WWF un-necessity--why does he still do that bilge when he has a good acting career going? (hey side note--would he make a great Star Trek captain or what? Or a new SG Team leader?--screw 'wrastlin'):

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ter-wrestlemania-clash-with-john-cena-2013234

He is a 3rd generation wrestler dude, he does it to respect his father and grandfather, and also the people who got him to where he is. Weather you like the "rassling" or not, you gotta respect that.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Han died in Tokyo Drift, which takes place AFTER Fast 6 and before the next installment. Joelist posted the list just above in order. In brief, all the Fast movies so far took place before the events in Tokyo Drift.

The events in Tokyo Drift are addressed in a mini spoiler preview just after the first set of closing credits at the end of Fast 6, where we see Jason Statham walk up to Han's car just after it crashed and blows it up then places a call to Toretto. This is where we find out Han's death was no accident.

:encouragement:
--- merged: May 26, 2013 at 6:27 AM ---
He is a 3rd generation wrestler dude, he does it to respect his father and grandfather, and also the people who got him to where he is. Weather you like the "rassling" or not, you gotta respect that.

that's cool-but I am just saying he (and a few others who made the acting change) seem to be risking a lot by continuing with their "man grabbing" activities.

The Rock's recent hernia injury--from a wrestling incident--could have taken him out of a new role that was set to begin filming for example

Why risk a successful acting career-that is probably more lucrative--to continue with the silly men in tights gig? IMO, its like an accomplished Shakespearean actor dropping by the local circus to do a clown gig.
--- merged: May 26, 2013 at 6:28 AM ---
Are there any "fast and furious" films that are not considered part of this storyline? (Obviously I do not pay that much attention)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's still #1 at the box office for the second weekend in a row. :beckett_new049:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Thanks Blue Ree for recommending this movie. I decided to see this instead of star trek and I wasn't disappointed.

I got to say, I enjoyed this movie despite breaking all laws of physics there is . :P However, it's a fun action flick with a decent watchable storyline. Only thing that bothered me was the main antagonist was a bit of a douche. Not to mention,

they killed off 2 good characters in the movie which kinda sucked but oh well
. Crazy camera work and amazing car chase. Probably the best one I have seen

Though, I got to say, did anyone get the feeling that the runway was a little too long? I mean, I have never seen a runway of an airport this long. In real life, they would have already reached the end of the runway within minutes of going at top speeds. Watching that scene made me question how big is this runway? lol.

Anyway, it was much better than the last fast and furious I saw and boy, the rock lives up to his name. He is beefier than last time I saw him. The next installment looks to be another popcorn flick.

Bluce Ree

Thanks Blue Ree for recommending this movie. I decided to see this instead of star trek and I wasn't disappointed.

I got to say, I enjoyed this movie despite breaking all laws of physics there is . :P However, it's a fun action flick with a decent watchable storyline. Only thing that bothered me was the main antagonist was a bit of a douche. Not to mention,

they killed off 2 good characters in the movie which kinda sucked but oh well
. Crazy camera work and amazing car chase. Probably the best one I have seen

Though, I got to say, did anyone get the feeling that the runway was a little too long? I mean, I have never seen a runway of an airport this long. In real life, they would have already reached the end of the runway within minutes of going at top speeds. Watching that scene made me question how big is this runway? lol.

Anyway, it was much better than the last fast and furious I saw and boy, the rock lives up to his name. He is beefier than last time I saw him. The next installment looks to be another popcorn flick.

Han died in #3 Tokyo Drift, which takes place after Fast 6. Bringing Statham in as the next villain I think was brilliant. The audience actually stood up and cheered when they saw him. :icon_lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, Han was destined to die. This is a side effect of the last three films all being prequels of Tokyo Drift.

Now, however, we are running on current time.

BTW you should watch Fast Five too.

Bluce Ree

Yes, Han was destined to die. This is a side effect of the last three films all being prequels of Tokyo Drift.

Now, however, we are running on current time.

BTW you should watch Fast Five too.

I love all of them except 2 and 3. The 4th reinvigorated my interest in this franchise by going back to the criminal element of the story rather than being about underground racing.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yeah, I have watched the first one but the second was a real let down so I didn't bother checking it after that. Perhaps,it's because history says when stuff starts to get milked like there is no tomorrow, there is this accurate assumption anything after a franchise's predecessor, will suck. How wrong I was about no.6 though. Can't wait for no.7