FARSCAPE on PIVOT network

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Not sure if this in in the other thread but here's a link to one of the producers of Space:2099. He basically reveals nothing about it though; not revealing anything about the wonky premise of having the moon fly thru space at interstellar speed. Needless to say (for the billionth time) I'm not going to hold my breath here.

http://io9.com/5884500/why-space-2099-wont-be-a-dark-and-gritty-reboot-of-space-1999

I've read a few more articles since. They seem to be all over the place. One of the suggestions was that the ship in the poster was an interstellar craft lost in space rather than a single Eagle and they kept the Eagle look as a wink to the original series.

Indecision and lack of direction will kill that project.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've read a few more articles since. They seem to be all over the place. One of the suggestions was that the ship in the poster was an interstellar craft lost in space rather than a single Eagle and they kept the Eagle look as a wink to the original series.

Indecision and lack of direction will kill that project.

So will using the original show as window dressing only.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
See, the thing is that if you use anything other than the rogue moon and weird bus-like shuttles and crappy moon landscape, it is no longer Space 1999. When is an "update" really a re-imagining? I dont understand why they want to use the name unless it is to draw in fans of the original show. But if they do that, the original fans will be all WTF? This is Space 1999:

View attachment 28457View attachment 28458

Remember that 1999 passed over a decade ago, so how can you "update" it, and how can you set it in 1999???

Screw using that name and premise, and call it Space 2199 using a completely different concept. If they must use a moon, then why not Titan or Europa?

I used to have a small collection of die-cast Space 1999 vehicles and ships. Don't know what the hell happened to them though.

I don't think the 2099 show will ever see daylight, seems the peeps involved are too wonky/geeky and perhaps over their heads when it comes to production and actual delivery of a product.

Bluce Ree

I used to have a small collection of die-cast Space 1999 vehicles and ships. Don't know what the hell happened to them though.

So did I! The Eagles were blue with a grey removable body. I loved those things when I was a kid.

I don't think the 2099 show will ever see daylight, seems the peeps involved are too wonky/geeky and perhaps over their heads when it comes to production and actual delivery of a product.

That and they can't seem to decide whether it's going to be a ship or the moon or a space station or if it's even a show. :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

That's definitely the vibe I'm getting also. The interview that producer did was vague and full of nothing.

Bluce Ree

Looks like someone already thought of the "moon sucked away by a wormhole" idea. Forward to time index 2:40.