Falling Skies Gets Fourth Season

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, the season premiere was ungodly bad! The writers must be smoking some really strong crack these days. I can't possibly see myself sitting thru this entire season, that's how lame it portends to be. How the hell did this show make it to four seasons? :daniel_new004:

Im downloading it now. Ill come back here if I have to puke. But, so far I have liked this show. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I don't know about puking, but it was strange. It almost felt like the writers decided they screwed up last season and needed to correct things.

So, the Voln are gone with a spurious explanation, the Isveni have a new plan and Lexi has done the "full Elizabeth". The show is getting pretty weird.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't know about puking, but it was strange. It almost felt like the writers decided they screwed up last season and needed to correct things.

So, the Voln are gone with a spurious explanation, the Isveni have a new plan and Lexi has done the "full Elizabeth". The show is getting pretty weird.
:(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

The Lexi thing alone is enough to make me stop watching. I can't believe they're going full bore with the "rapidly growing magic alien child" thing. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Lexi thing alone is enough to make me stop watching. I can't believe they're going full bore with the "rapidly growing magic alien child" thing. :rolleye0014:

I don’t believe it. They went there.

roflbot.jpg

I wont even go into asking how the brunette girl who was PERFECT in appearance for a child between Tom and his wife, turned into a blonde with light green eyes. Was there a postman or a milk man or a cable guy somewhere in the mix?

roflbot.jpg

I think this show is probably done after this season. They have dropped to the lowest denominators, they have squandered money on good CGI but in support of a truly lame story. The addition of the new shit involving Elizabeth...er...Lexi, is over the top and clearly a familiar and overused trope. A handy deus ex machina to use at a moment’s notice.

The city is surrounded by 1000 mechs, a fleet of alien ships, and they all have their weapons trained on our helpless 2nd Mass...but wait, Lexi slowly steps forward (a spotlight will be on her, moving with her as she moves), then a closeup of her eyes, and then there is an ever increasing glow welling up inside her and POOF. All the enemies are turned into snowflakes or butterflies or gumdrops. Then Lexi explains how she is the mother of the Universe and she must return to "somewhere" She fades into a brilliant light which then rises and shoots into space as her parents watch the light recede. A tear falls slowly from her mother's eyes, as she and Tom embrace looking up at the sky.

The End.

:bored:

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually this is worse than Elizabeth - at least with Elizabeth we had the "V father human mother" thing. Here both parents are human but Elizabeth is just somehow the star child.

All we're really missing right now is for the giant black monolith to suddenly appear in the middle of the city and then everyone turns into babies and we hear "My god, it's full of stars"......

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
As if the soapfi writing wasn't bad enough it looks like they're going to have the younger brother hook up with the older brother's girlfriend. Ah yes, a love triangle. That's never been done before. :rolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually this is worse than Elizabeth - at least with Elizabeth we had the "V father human mother" thing. Here both parents are human but Elizabeth is just somehow the star child.

All we're really missing right now is for the giant black monolith to suddenly appear in the middle of the city and then everyone turns into babies and we hear "My god, it's full of stars"......

That is episode 8. :) It comes right after Lexi comes out of that coma after getting kissed by her true love.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This thing is just out and out weird. I'm not even sure it is Science Fiction any longer. The whole Lexi plot is just bizarre nonsense and we seem to have different groups of Isveni operating at what appears to be cross purposes with zero exposition on what is going on. And now we have them wanting to mutate humans into the perfect army?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This thing is just out and out weird. I'm not even sure it is Science Fiction any longer. The whole Lexi plot is just bizarre nonsense and we seem to have different groups of Isveni operating at what appears to be cross purposes with zero exposition on what is going on. And now we have them wanting to mutate humans into the perfect army?

The show does not make sense anymore. We do not know who the enemy is, we do not know why the aliens are doing what they are doing and we no longer have any sense of cohesiveness amongst the group. Nothing is organized, and the characters have become all 2-dimensional. I think this season will probably be the last.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I'm sure the writers are rationalizing that it's science fiction since the alien is giving Lexi magic powers. Seriously, that's no doubt how their brains work when they're writing this junk. :rolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm sure the writers are rationalizing that it's science fiction since the alien is giving Lexi magic powers. Seriously, that's no doubt how their brains work when they're writing this junk. :rolleyes:

It makes me go back and wonder what exactly the premise is supposed to be. When watching the show, I am seeing My Three Sons with aliens (who remembers that show?). Throw in Doctor Glass (who now has been reduced to Starchild Mother), then a castrated Pope who is nothing like the character he was last year, and grumpy old Weaver who went from a competent leader of the 2nd Mass is just directionless now. Maggie and Ben and Tom and Matt have become good characters, but they have nothing to do. The Volm are too human in their interaction, and we are not getting enough (any) backstory on the initial attack on earth. What happened with the whole harness thing and the children? The whole show has taken a different direction, towards the Cancellation Cliffs.

It makes you wonder if any of the executives even watch these shows. What are they seeing in this show which made them sign an approval for another season?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Downloading episode 2 of Season 4 now....

I liked this show up until this season, and I was willing to forgive cheesy dialogue and unlikely scenarios. But Lexi ruined all of that, along with the undefined "alien threat". My favorite actor in this show has to be the guy that plays Ben (Connor Jessup). He is actually a very good actor. His relationship with his younger brother Matt is exactly what the brotherly relationship should be. Very convincing. And all of the other dumb dialogue they have given him, he has done the best he can with it. Square jawed (but 2-dimensional) Hal is not convincing in his role. Tom does okay, but his persona puts me in My Three Sons mode. Anne Glass went from interesting Doctor/genius, to emotional wreck, whiny Star Mommy. Maggie is there...but she has nothing to do. They will most likely play on her body again, perhaps have her standing around in a camisole at some random moment. Weaver, they just ruined him this year. It is about time to kill him off. Pope, he is okay, but they need to make him direct his anger towards the aliens and stop with the infighting.

I hate it when they do this to a decent show. :(

So, I am preparing to watch episode 2.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Episode 2 :shame: :facepalm:

They went there. They actually turned on the fan and made Lexi's hair blow in a fit of "powers" when she was talking to her brother Ben. Does anybody remember this chick who plays Lexi from HARRY POTTER? :facepalm:. Predictable is bad. She said the phrase "I answer to a higher power". :facepalm:. And once again. Lourdes is the faithful follower, but this time it is for Lexi. She referred to sensing the electromagnetic fields in the atmosphere, and such. Where did they get the fancy Japanese Gardens with books and clean (perfectly matching) outfits? What is with the Nazi Youth school? WTH?

:bored:

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It makes me go back and wonder what exactly the premise is supposed to be. When watching the show, I am seeing My Three Sons with aliens (who remembers that show?). Throw in Doctor Glass (who now has been reduced to Starchild Mother), then a castrated Pope who is nothing like the character he was last year, and grumpy old Weaver who went from a competent leader of the 2nd Mass is just directionless now. Maggie and Ben and Tom and Matt have become good characters, but they have nothing to do. The Volm are too human in their interaction, and we are not getting enough (any) backstory on the initial attack on earth. What happened with the whole harness thing and the children? The whole show has taken a different direction, towards the Cancellation Cliffs.

It makes you wonder if any of the executives even watch these shows. What are they seeing in this show which made them sign an approval for another season?

I'm convinced it's the words "Executive Producer Steven Spielberg" at the start of the show that has kept this one on for four seasons.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm convinced it's the words "Executive Producer Steven Spielberg" at the start of the show that has kept this one on for four seasons.

They actually did the blowing hair and the "powers" welling up in Lexi....indoors. :facepalm: A hint at her awsum powahs. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::concern:

One of the Skitters says, "The hybrid (Lexi) is our future", and then Star Mommy stabs it in the neck. Did you see it?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Downloading episode 2 of Season 4 now....

I liked this show up until this season, and I was willing to forgive cheesy dialogue and unlikely scenarios. But Lexi ruined all of that, along with the undefined "alien threat". My favorite actor in this show has to be the guy that plays Ben (Connor Jessup). He is actually a very good actor. His relationship with his younger brother Matt is exactly what the brotherly relationship should be. Very convincing. And all of the other dumb dialogue they have given him, he has done the best he can with it. Square jawed (but 2-dimensional) Hal is not convincing in his role. Tom does okay, but his persona puts me in My Three Sons mode. Anne Glass went from interesting Doctor/genius, to emotional wreck, whiny Star Mommy. Maggie is there...but she has nothing to do. They will most likely play on her body again, perhaps have her standing around in a camisole at some random moment. Weaver, they just ruined him this year. It is about time to kill him off. Pope, he is okay, but they need to make him direct his anger towards the aliens and stop with the infighting.

I hate it when they do this to a decent show. :(

So, I am preparing to watch episode 2.

You're right again. Connor Jessup, "Ben", is probably the best actor on the show, which is telling because he's one of the youngest in the cast also. Thank God he doesn't over act like Noah Wily. And you're right about the guy who plays "Hal", he simply doesn't work in the role.

More to say but I fear a rant of epic proportions.

Last edited by a moderator:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They actually did the blowing hair and the "powers" welling up in Lexi....indoors. :facepalm: A hint at her awsum powahs. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::concern:

One of the Skitters says, "The hybrid (Lexi) is our future", and then Star Mommy stabs it in the neck. Did you see it?

Yes, the cheap blowing hair gimmick did not go unnoticed. I was just trying to restrain myself from launching into a rant about it because it was so God awful. The whole Lexi story line is just soooooooooo bad! Typical Spielberg nonsense if you really think about it. The lame "magic child" thing has his fingerprints all over it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, the cheap blowing hair gimmick did not go unnoticed. I was just trying to restrain myself from launching into a rant about it because it was so God awful. The whole Lexi story line is just soooooooooo bad! Typical Spielberg nonsense if you really think about it. The lame "magic child" thing has his fingerprints all over it.

I was folding laundry when I was watching it, and I had to collect at least 4 sock balls from in front of the TV where they landed after I threw them at the screen. When Lexi's "outburst" happened, I threw a balled up tshirt. :( I miss my ex-girlfriend's beanie babies.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I was folding laundry when I was watching it, and I had to collect at least 4 sock balls from in front of the TV where they landed after I threw them at the screen. When Lexi's "outburst" happened, I threw a balled up tshirt. :( I miss my ex-girlfriend's beanie babies.

Here's what gets me about this: The producers don't even realize how insulting they are being to the viewers when they trot out the hair-blowing fan as an effect.

ezgif.com-save.gif