Extinct

Discussion in 'Science Fiction, Fantasy Series' started by Rac80, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Rac80

Rac80 The Belle of the Ball

I think everyone here knows I am not a fan of Orson Scott card, but he has a science fiction series on BYUtv that is interesting. I admit I am desperate for decent scifi so I gave it a chance. It's different, has a hint of the Go'uld (the companions) and a bit of dramaaaaa. But whenever I get ready to ditch it, I find it sucks me back in. There's the trailer:

Don't know if any of you have seen it yet.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. PussyGalore

PussyGalore Is he from Gabon?

Orson Scott Card is a racist, homophobic, crackpot loon. His demented personal opinions are so repellent that they make consuming his commercial endeavors impossible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rac80

So I take it you avoid all Harvey Weinstein productions as well?

4. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

Looks interesting, but I have to avoid it for personal reasons (see next quote).

OSC is one of the worst racists out there, and most definitely the worst in Hollywood. I am surprised he is not blacklisted. His extreme far right wing racist homophobic beliefs would normally have somebody like him outcasted for life. The man is horribly homophobic and racist.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

Weinstein has had his Karma moment, and his lascivious behaviors were not public and not part of his self-declared public persona. Orson Scott Card has been quite vocal about his views for a very long time.

6. Rac80

Well no surprise there!

7. PussyGalore

PussyGalore Is he from Gabon?

That's an illogical question to ask. Weinstein doesn't publicly spout racist, homophobic, crackpot, extreme Right wing nonsense. He keeps his misogynistic, pervy fetish behind closed doors. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

I had no idea who was behind this series . I only watched a few mins so far but it looked interesting . From your post's I may give it a miss then also...