Episode Review: Ep 215 "Seizure"

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
It's a boatload harder to be puely objective about things you love dude, thats all. Also, I don't think you would cop as much stick on GW for that review ATM, there is an overall feeling of disapointment (imo) over there about this ep.

So I am not the only one eh?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
LOL, I should of never agreed to review this episode. I have not even commented on GW because I will get replies 10 times worse than Stone here, lol.

hey brian- your review was excellent and more than fair...it was YOUR OPINION of the ep...if someone else objects....just say DILLIGAF? ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

Now I feel bad about writing my comment.
Brian seems nice and he has such a cute little avatar. Whatever the heck that is.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Brian seems nice and he has such a cute little avatar. Whatever the heck that is.

It's the dragon "toothless" from "how to train your dragon"

Oh, and don't feel bad about writing your comments dude, everyone should be able to "call it as they see it"

G

Graybrew1

I have been a fan to SGU since the beginning. I fought for it over a thousand posts on Syfy, I gave it beyond every chance that I could. I have been waiting and waiting for this show to prove itself to all those that I have debated for it with. I am also a fan of SG1 and SGA. Briangates review was pretty much dead on. Most SGU fans are dissapointed, this was supposed to be THE ep to show everyone how great of a show it could be. It did not deliver that. It was sad to watch. Not because the ep was THAT bad but just because it did not deliver what we wanted. One really great ep to remember SGU by. And the ratings speak for themselves. It is shocking to me that there is still people over at Syfy delusion enough to be asking people to sign Save SGU petitions. Denial is an ugly thing. I only hope the writing does not get any Worse than it is now. :icon_cry:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I have been a fan to SGU since the beginning. I fought for it over a thousand posts on Syfy, I gave it beyond every chance that I could. I have been waiting and waiting for this show to prove itself to all those that I have debated for it with. I am also a fan of SG1 and SGA. Briangates review was pretty much dead on. Most SGU fans are dissapointed, this was supposed to be THE ep to show everyone how great of a show it could be. It did not deliver that. It was sad to watch. Not because the ep was THAT bad but just because it did not deliver what we wanted. One really great ep to remember SGU by. And the ratings speak for themselves. It is shocking to me that there is still people over at Syfy delusion enough to be asking people to sign Save SGU petitions. Denial is an ugly thing. I only hope the writing does not get any Worse than it is now. :icon_cry:

Why are you shocked?. They love SGU and want it to live on, can't fault them for that. All I can fault them for is not looking around and seeing the results of SGU. (oh, and actually bothering to READ)

G

Graybrew1

Why are you shocked?. They love SGU and want it to live on, can't fault them for that. All I can fault them for is not looking around and seeing the results of SGU. (oh, and actually bothering to READ)

I guess because I expect a higher level of intelligence for SciFi fans in general. LOL

S

Stonelesscutter

I guess because I expect a higher level of intelligence for SciFi fans in general. LOL

Don't you know?
Scifi fans aren't smart.
That's why TPTW tried to get a newer smarter audience with SGU.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

For all the talk of SGU being more "cerebral", it really isn't. Is there the potential for more depth than SG1/SGA, yes, there is. Does it get used in any actual meaningful way? Decide for yourself. SGU was sold to me as "dark and gritty, realistic scifi" as such, I rate it that way. SG1/SGA was sold to me as "Action adventure Scifi" I rate it that way. Strangely enough, I have much different paramaters for "Bill and Teds excellent Adventure" than I did for "Shindlers List" :D

G

Graybrew1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

For all the talk of SGU being more "cerebral", it really isn't. Is there the potential for more depth than SG1/SGA, yes, there is. Does it get used in any actual meaningful way? Decide for yourself. SGU was sold to me as "dark and gritty, realistic scifi" as such, I rate it that way. SG1/SGA was sold to me as "Action adventure Scifi" I rate it that way. Strangely enough, I have much different paramaters for "Bill and Teds excellent Adventure" than I did for "Shindlers List" :D

I did say, all Scifi fans in general , not SGU fans. Let me rephase it, anybody that is a fan of the Syfy channel of old, SciFi, I expect to have a higher level of intelligence. Most people I know personally that watch SciFi in RL tend to be above average intelligence.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I did say, all Scifi fans in general , not SGU fans. Let me rephase it, anybody that is a fan of the Syfy channel of old, SciFi, I expect to have a higher level of intelligence. Most people I know personally that watch SciFi in RL tend to be above average intelligence.

Ahh, I must have misinterpreted your post, sorry GB :(
Yes, most people I know IRL who watch Scifi shows are "smarter than your average bear"

Briangate78

GateFans Noob

Don't feel bad. I just got caught off guard a little because I did not really want to write a review, but people asked, and I warned everyone if it was disappointing, I was not holding back. I did not want it to come across as a Anti-SGU post but more as a "This is why I miss SGA and SG-1" kinda post. Which, I probably should not have even tried to do that.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Hey Briangate, I loved your review! You are even getting a special award for it! :P

Seriously, you did a good job, and I am sorry for you that as a big SGU fan you had to review an episode you didn't like. I have seen you give many A's and A+'s this season and I was expecting this to be one of those episodes. Heck, I think everyone was expecting TPTB to save something special for an episode most fans were eager to watch since it was announced - I was. I really wish you could have detailed how they got McKay just right and why that fit perfectly within the SGU universe in an episode similar to TPP (I would of course be shredding your review :D). But that's the luck/unluck of the draw I guess...

You were honest, fair and as objective as one expects from a reviewer who is passionate about the franchise. I know you are actually more of an SG1 fan like myself who happens to also enjoy SGA and misses Rodney, John & the gang, so it's not a "SGA vs SGU" thing. I find it telling that Graybrew, another SGU fan is hitting this episode hard as well. Hey, I think I might even post Bandit's "review" of the episode here for some perspective. :eek:

S

Stonelesscutter

Those letters are a bit small on my high-res screen.
Any chance you can get a screenshot with a better resolution?

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
By the way I think many women like it when men look at their breasts, it makes them feel attractive, it's why God has invented cleavage.

Oh yes, I love it when men stare at my boobs. Such insight into a womans psyche!