Designated Survivor

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ok so this is super cool . My daughter Amy is working on the production of Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland who is the main character . She is really nervous but is also at the bottom of the totem pole . I just got a look at the call sheets and episodes that I cannot not talk about here of course other than to say I saw them . Pretty neat to see the pro paper work for a TV series tho I must say ... Unbelievable amount of people working on this show and the set is huge as I know where they are shooting it .

Trailer ...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Cool!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok so this is super cool . My daughter Amy is working on the production of Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland who is the main character . She is really nervous but is also at the bottom of the totem pole . I just got a look at the call sheets and episodes that I cannot not talk about here of course other than to say I saw them . Pretty neat to see the pro paper work for a TV series tho I must say ... Unbelievable amount of people working on this show and the set is huge as I know where they are shooting it .

Trailer ...

Awesome!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
What job does your daughter do?

the show looks interesting as well--of course it has that LAST SHIP, et al, feel to it as well

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
that is great! so her career plans are the entertainment industry..glad she got her foot in the door.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Trailer ...

She is at least ON the totem pole! Do you know how many thousands of people move to California and walk the streets of Hollywood hoping to be discovered, because they don't realize that nothing in the Industry happens in Hollywood anymore? :smiley-laughing021:

She is well on her way. :daniel_new_anime021::tealc_newanime006::jackanime14::shep_wave2::cameron21:

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Well as far as I know she is a PA, office personal assistant and she did a 3 year course at Centennial College in Film and Broadcasting .
She already had a small injury though but will survive . She was opening the doors of a freight elevator and did not realize there were 2 doors and got one of her fingers pinch in the door . Ouch .
Also she has a 2 hr commute to get to the shoot location twice a day . She works from 9 am to 9 pm and is the last person to leave the location . It's a 20 minute drive in a car . One of her fellow workers whom had a rental car gave my daughter her rental and got a ride with another worker when she found out Amy had a 4 hr travel to and from the shoot . I usually loan her the car as I hate the dam thing so much and barely drive it but my son has a program on Mon, and Tuesday so I have to drive the p o s . She can use the shitbox the rest of the week if she does not get a rental .
Other than the small injury and being at the bottom of the totempole , I think she is enjoying the experience so far . This is her second week .

;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Haha !!! I had to help out in the shoot today as they needed some air vent grilles and they gave the task to my daughter to find and purchase them . I steered her to a HVAC supplier I dealt with for so many years and they were able to help her out .

;) ;) ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
you win the cool dad award. Her being able to find what was asked for quickly will only make her look better to the guys in charge! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Haha !!! I had to help out in the shoot today as they needed some air vent grilles and they gave the task to my daughter to find and purchase them . I steered her to a HVAC supplier I dealt with for so many years and they were able to help her out .

;) ;) ;)

You are coolest dad EVER! I am happy for you and your creative daughter. I sure wish they would give her the reigns of Star Trek, cause they have it doing dumb tricks now. :( :P

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So its a sad day but a better outlook . My daughter is leaving DS and today is her last day . She got a better offer and more money somewhere else . She said she was sorry for leaving as she knows I get all excited about stuff like her working on a major tv show but my wife and I told her it's her career and she is still young and now is the time to find the niche to be involved in .
She has to do a few more TV commercials to get an in with the union and then the abilty to join the film union and get way better pay and more job oppertunity. Her goal is to work in props.
;) ;) ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Once she gets established in her niche she'll be moving around a bit less.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Watched the pilot episode- this is an excellent show - well written, good pacing, and well acted. your daughter will definitely have a plus on her resume.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Trailer ...

so i just watched eps 1 - 10 of this

great show! especially from network tv these days

tell Amy she did a great job making the show!! :) :)

------------------------
round about ep 3 or so i starting getting the vibe that this was also "borrowing" a theme/plot from a certain old movie with Frank Sinatra in it (and the newer and very crappy remake with Denzel Washington--naming the movie would be partial spoilers for the show)

could do with a bit less of the family drama--i don't care who Leo's dad is for example...

I am just hoping the show stays strong and can go a few seasons as good as it is now---that is, hope it doesn't go the way of stuff like JERICHO or UNDER THE DOME, started great and quickly went to Poopsville.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Well Ami is no longer working on DS as she left after the first 2 weeks but has been very busy doing TV adds which pay way better . She is hoping to be working with a design group that has just got into doing TV adds . They liked her work ethics . She is usually a PA or in set design . I have lost count now as to how many huge vans she has brought home and parked in front of our house lol ... The hrs can suck sometimes tho . She had a 3am call one day and another was from 9pm until 6am or something like that . Times are all over the place but she really likes the work . One shoot she was on took up 3 blocks of a main street here in TO . Nut's ...
I have only watched 3 eps but will try to catchup this week . I like Keifer tho I never watched 24 but I did watch a bit of Touch .

;) ;) ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I like Keifer tho I never watched 24

i watched 1 ep of 24. it was ok, but just seemed like it was rushed...like they were trying to get everything done in a day or something....

DS is very entertaining--also, a good account for anyone who needs a quick tutorial on US Continuity of Govt and Congressional procedures--mainly in how to restaff congress... :)

watch a couple more eps. If you did see that certain old Sinatra movie I was referring to (or the newer Denzel Washington BAD remake), you will probably see what I am referring to