Deadpool movie gets a green light

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yes, she plays Wade's GF, and yes, she is still hawt :)

Ok, so, Just got back from the movie.

This is not kid friendly at all, -everything- is over the top, from the language, the violence (I've seen worse, but some if it was pretty full on) and the aforementioned sex scenes in it (think on the level of True Blood season 1).
The story -is- a bit weak, but as an action flick, it's funny as hell. In fact I could not get through the opening credits without laughing.
It does however serve as a good enough origin story for Deadpool. We see him before and after his transformation, what drives and motivates him and how he get's his "hero" name, so it hits all those major requirements for an origin story. There are plenty of call backs to X-men: Wolverine, but none of them a serious, more like fan jokes and such, in fact -a lot- of the funny moments are fan service, but they are general enough to draw in the "average movie goer" as well.
It's hard to say a lot without spoiling the movie, but f anyone wants to know more, I'll post stuff. :)

In short, it was a serviceable action movie, and a good Deadpool movie. A "violent comedy" more than anything else, and if that is your speed in movies, I would very much recommend it.
Just, don't expect highbrow work :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So okay, but not as intelligent as the first two X-Men films?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So okay, but not as intelligent as the first two X-Men films?
Oh god no dude.
it is the movie equivalent of d*ck and fart jokes to be 100% honest, but they are good D&F jokes, and fantastic if you know the character.
There is a crap load of swearing, some just for the hell of it.
gratuitous sex scenes (but only once)
Decapitations, gunshots (with brains), Dismemberment, and a fair whack of blood (not like, Evil Dead blood, enough to make it look realistic)
More off colour jokes than you can poke a stick at.

For all of it though, it -is- appropriate for Deadpool, so it's hard to criticize it just for it being exactly what deadpool is.

Oh, and 4th wall breaks were used well, not everywhere. More akin to some Shakespearian monologues in use, but certainly not the language.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I absolutely LOVED this movie. :) I was completely unfamiliar with the Deadpool comic character, but I did notice him in the last X-Men. I had no idea he would be as funny as he is. The movie felt more like a parody than anything serious, but as a superhero flick it had me rolling with the humor. I also like Morena Baccharin in this.