DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

I am surprised no one has posted this one yet.

Yes, Comic Book series seem to be everywhere of late, be they DC (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Gotham) or Marvel (Agents of Shield, Daredevil, Agent Carter) but to be honest, I like the genre and tend to watch nearly every one of them that comes out, so I am looking forward to this one. No one is "superpowered" on the level of Supes, or Thor, so they have a lot of room to play with, plus the hero's are not at their peak, so getting their ass handed to them every so often is certainly a possibility. Most of the characters are "second stringers", which is good as well because arguably the 2 most popular DC superhero's (Supes and Batman) just generally suck in Television as challenging them in any kind of meaningful way requires world destroying villains (which is why unfortunately I don't hold high hopes for Supergirl).

One thing that tickles my funnybone is the casting of Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter........ Time Master. Finally a Companion of the Doctor get's to play the role of time traveling hero!! As for the rest of the characters, they have all being introduced in The Flash or Arrow, so the hard work of introducing them has already been done, so hopefully, this can just be a cool superhero group series that can dive into the action without the need for a great deal of backstory exposition.
This is something I was hoping that would have been spun off from the later seasons of Smallville where we got episodes with a younger version of the Justice League, and the Justice League of America, but perhaps without the stigma that Smallville seems to attract as a "teen angsty superman" series it might do better. I can't deny that the more recent offerings from the DC universe are generally better than Smallville, especially the early seasons of the show.
I have high hopes for the show, but I'll keep my expectations relatively low, better to be pleasantly surprised than horribly disappointed. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Will there be any nudity, namely male nudity? :daniel_new004:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
On the CW?
Dunno dude, you would have a better chance of knowing that :)
Do you like Wentworth Miller?

I don't know what a "Wentworth Miller" is, but it sounds debauched. And quite frankly, that ain't my kinda party. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I don't know what a "Wentworth Miller" is, but it sounds debauched. And quite frankly, that ain't my kinda party. ;)
wentworth miller.jpg

Now, excuse me while I scrub my eyes out, that's the last time I ever look up someone with the addition of "sexy" for you.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
View attachment 32317

Now, excuse me while I scrub my eyes out, that's the last time I ever look up someone with the addition of "sexy" for you.

Isn't that the twat from Prison Break? Dude never did it for me sorry to say. I also find tuxedos, top hats and dress suits in general to be a turn off. Not sure why. Guess I just like 'em a bit more down to earth shall we say.

Also, yes, you no longer have to look up anything with the addition of "sexy" attached to it for me. You have now graduated to the next level of web-based searches ala Ape. So from here on out please add the word "nude" to all your searches for moi.

There's a luv. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Isn't that the twat from Prison Break? Dude never did it for me sorry to say. I also find tuxedos, top hats and dress suits in general to be a turn off. Not sure why. Guess I just like 'em a bit more down to earth shall we say.
Sorry mate, just not sure what floats your boat :P
Also, yes, you no longer have to look up anything with the addition of "sexy" attached to it for me. You have now graduated to the next level of web-based searches ala Ape. So from here on out please add the word "nude" to all your searches for moi.

There's a luv. ;)
There was no need, trust me............................

Anyway........... back to topic..............please...........

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The topic? Can the CW make this worthwhile viewing? I dunno to be honest. I don't care for Arrow at all but The Flash isn't horrible despite having some questionable moments at times. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The topic? Can the CW make this worthwhile viewing? I dunno to be honest. I don't care for Arrow at all but The Flash isn't horrible despite having some questionable moments at times. Guess we just have to wait and see.
I don't mind a bit of their scifi or fantasy stuff, but to be fair, I don't expect a lot from them either, just a bit of mindless fun.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

There's a luv. ;)

LOL, I find it funny that straight guys sometimes have such an issue admitting when another guy is good looking. :) Its not like you go around talking about all the hot guys out there, it's just no big deal to say that another guy is handsome or otherwise good looking if asked. It's part of our straight guy girlfriend threat assessment system!

Anyhoo....the DC "Legends of Tomorrow"? It sounds like it might be cool, sorta like an Avengers for TV thing?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4532368/

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
LOL, I find it funny that straight guys sometimes have such an issue admitting when another guy is good looking. :) Its not like you go around talking about all the hot guys out there, it's just no big deal to say that another guy is handsome or otherwise good looking if asked. It's part of our straight guy girlfriend threat assessment system!

Ya know, a guy who is comfortable with his sexuality doesn't look for explanations as to why he can identify when another guy looks good or not. I have no issue admitting when another guy is good looking and I don't have any "straight guy girlfriend threat assessment system". :icon_lol:

That's like predicating a compliment to a buddy with "Now I'm not gay or anything but ..." just to reassure everyone, including one's self. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ya know, a guy who is comfortable with his sexuality doesn't look for explanations as to why he can identify when another guy looks good or not. I have no issue admitting when another guy is good looking and I don't have any "straight guy girlfriend threat assessment system". :icon_lol:

Sure you do! If you see your girl checking out a guy and he is good looking, you feel a bit threatened (maybe not you personally, but guys in general). I know when I have triggered it in another guy because he suddenly puts his arm around his girl when he sees me coming. :anim_59:.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Sure you do! If you see your girl checking out a guy and he is good looking, you feel a bit threatened (maybe not you personally, but guys in general).

It goes to self-confidence and self-esteem. Now, if he starts flirting with her and she gets uncomfortable THEN my "threat assessment" kicks in, as in I'm gonna threaten the dude to walk before he gets hurt but most times I'll just laugh it off 'cuz it has happened once or twice when I stepped away for a moment and they hadn't seen me yet. :icon_lol:

I know when I have triggered it in another guy because he suddenly puts his arm around his girl when he sees me coming. :anim_59:.

Self-esteem and/or self-confidence. :D Honestly, guys who act like that are just insecure.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Can I assume no one else is watching this?

I accidentally caught most of an episode last week. Was surprised to see Victor Garber is in it, which is always cool because he's a good actor. Regarding the story line though, well, it didn't thrill me. And the way they run the operation is too much like Marvel. So truthfully I probably won't go out of my way to watch more of it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I accidentally caught most of an episode last week. Was surprised to see Victor Garber is in it, which is always cool because he's a good actor. Regarding the story line though, well, it didn't thrill me. And the way they run the operation is too much like Marvel. So truthfully I probably won't go out of my way to watch more of it.
It's Agents of SHIELD, DC version, no argument dude.
If it's not your thing, that's cool, I was just curious as this is current and has totally fallen off the radar for peeps here.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's Agents of SHIELD, DC version, no argument dude.
If it's not your thing, that's cool, I was just curious as this is current and has totally fallen off the radar for peeps here.

I don't think it's just here that it's fallen off the radar. My guess is that it's not doing that great in the ratings. Of course I could be wayyyyyyyyy off base on that one I admit. I just get the impression that it's not that big of a hit. Who knows, maybe it is but if I was a betting man I wouldn't lay down money on a second season. (And I say this in a world where second seasons are becoming the industry norm of sorts.)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I don't think it's just here that it's fallen off the radar. My guess is that it's not doing that great in the ratings. Of course I could be wayyyyyyyyy off base on that one I admit. I just get the impression that it's not that big of a hit. Who knows, maybe it is but if I was a betting man I wouldn't lay down money on a second season. (And I say this in a world where second seasons are becoming the industry norm of sorts.)
Better than we both thought dude
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...s-of-tomorrow-starts-out-as-a-likely-renewal/