David Hewlett News and Info

SerenityS

GateFans Member
erm that sounded to me like DH didnt have that great a time, LDP seemed pretty petty to me if he said the "sandwich" thing as i dont think it was worth calling out DH over it. If DH had said in an interview "wow those new sgu actors realy arent cutting it" then by all means call him on it. but sandwich, which is obviousley tongue in cheek is stupid.

I also got from this that more crossovers had the shop. continued probably wouldnt have worked. Seriousley, can you imagine The Flan dealing with that kind of thing ;)

Your are right, he did sound a little put off by the reception. And re The Flan? Now that would have been a sight to see. :P

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Your are right, he did sound a little put off by the reception. And re The Flan? Now that would have been a sight to see. :P

That would have been one smackdown i would have paid to see!

yes DH is well known for his sense of humour, you would think they would know that considering :rolleyes: You know the more info that comes out now that they dont have to worry about upsetting each other, realy doesnt paint that great a picture. P Gilmores interview, the snippets from this. who's next i wonder?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sounds like the SGU folks were a little sensitive. :icon_lol:

Hewlett is a good guy and everyone knows it. The sandwich comment he made was hardly an insult, it was said in jest. Anyone who thinks DH was being serious when he made that comment is delusional. I'm surprised that LDP had a bug up his butt about such a non-issue. :roll:

Inara

GateFans Noob
There's a new trailer for Rise of the Apes in which you catch a glimpse of Hewlett. In a way, I'd consider it spoilery, because this bit of a scene is probably the majority of his work in the film. I don't think he has a large role in it.

Inara

GateFans Noob
Looking good. Thanks for posting! (Green)

BTW: DH is the guy that attacks John Litgow and gets clobbered by the ape :)

Never underestimate a determined Hewlett fan. Even the vagaries of YouTube searches shall not deter us. Is it bad that I recognized the voice before I ever recognized the face? :icon_e_wink:

Hewlett has quite a resume playing jerks like the glimpse you see in the trailer. McKay was downright tame in comparison, especially once he got out into the field on SGA and because part of the team in more than just name. If you haven't seen his work in "Treed Murray" (aka "Get Down" in the US), you should. I think he did an awesome job in it, especially considering it's a pretty simple and contained story that really relies on the actors, and I can see hints of McKay in the character.