Cyclist - Annoying, Rude, Dangerous and shouldn't be on the road

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Okay, I have a rant here. I am a driver and it annoys me whenever I come across a cyclist. Hey, it's nice that they are getting fresh air(not really, just polluted air from cars), but they can be the most pestering, menacing trolls on the road. If I had ever penny for the amount of times I have come across with near misses, I would have enough to buy a decent used car(exaggeration, obviously, but you get the idea. It's a lot!).

It's not like I am a careless driver or anything. I take a great deal of care when driving, but these guys shouldn't be on thee road. I am sorry, it's not a vehicle that's suitable to be on the road. The cars travel between, 40 to 110km/h. Do you really think they even stand a chance when you do a drag race?

Secondly, cyclist are annoying. Because the pace at which traffic moves, you are often forced to slow down incredibly, wait for the traffic to clear in the next lane and then merge right. Most of them can't even ride fast enough to keep up with traffic so why are they even there? They drive at best 15-20km/h which is a far cry from what the normal speed limit is here. They need a bit of a reality check too. They are not going to become the next Bernie Ecclestone. Leave that to the experts.

Thirdly, they are rude. They don't thank you when you give them way. They blindly break the rules, and pass a redlight without a care in the world and god damn cut lanes when approaching an intersection. It shits me when they lean over the on the hood of your car to get support.

Finally, if they are going to be on the road, they should be forced to pay registration fees that help fund the construction of roads and the 600 dollars compulsory Transport insurance I have to fork out each year.

They are a hazard of the road. Ride on the footpath please.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They should just hop on the Trams, they are crazy enough in Melbourne.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, done the tram thing when we visited about 15 years ago. I remember pulling up to the place we were staying in St Kilda, parking the car and saying "I am not driving in this shit" :lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
For some unknown reason the normally intelligent mayor of indy has bought into the bike lanes bs (yes I know it was "free" tax dollars from DC) Indy is a crowded city with many one way streets (because the streets can't handle more than 3 or 4 lanes) and putting bike lanes in merely cuts the number of car lanes. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and yes we have the rude and annoying cyclists who ignore things like stop signs/lights and don't care how they cut people off are merely accidents waiting to happen. every year there are a number of bike injuries/fatalities in downtown indy and I have YET to hear that the accident was the fault of the car! /rant

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
For some unknown reason the normally intelligent mayor of indy has bought into the bike lanes bs (yes I know it was "free" tax dollars from DC) Indy is a crowded city with many one way streets (because the streets can't handle more than 3 or 4 lanes) and putting bike lanes in merely cuts the number of car lanes. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and yes we have the rude and annoying cyclists who ignore things like stop signs/lights and don't care how they cut people off are merely accidents waiting to happen. every year there are a number of bike injuries/fatalities in downtown indy and I have YET to hear that the accident was the fault of the car! /rant

Bah! You hail form Indiana, dealing with bikes is your birthright. Hell, Indiana is home to this classic movie:

Breaking-Away-poster.png

*Cutters! :daniel_new_anime021:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Bah! You hail form Indiana, dealing with bikes is your birthright. Hell, Indiana is home to this classic movie:

Breaking-Away-poster.png

*Cutters! :daniel_new_anime021:

bite your tongue- I might live in Indiana but I am a maine girl by birth! no bikes there- the moose would trample them! :P

snookie went to IU - the home of breaking away. :P