CTS-V

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Tripler, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

My friend is seriously thinking of getting this car once one comes off a lease in a year or 2 ...

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

Um....he should thoroughly check out what's out there on the CTS. The Chevy Malibu might be a better choice if he wants to get that Cadillac, since they are the same car under the skin and even mostly the same inside (look online). The engine is different though.

Why does he want that car?

3. Tripler

It' s a girl actually . Well she see's it as a 4 door vet which it is . Much better car than the euro cars and half the cost . It will all depend on the cost . There above 90 grand canuck new up here . A used one would be in the 40 , 50 or 60 grand area .

;)

4. Overmind One

Yep, if she was thinking about a much higher end car, then this might be a good choice because of the power. But if she needs the utility of a sedan along with sport, then an Audi or BMW might be a better choice for the money?

5. Tripler

She won't buy Euro ...

;)

6. Overmind One

Why? Ok, so no Euro....how about Buick? Buick has cracked the American-Euro market successfully. Even the Millenials see Buick as a luxury marque from America now, even though it really is not luxury. That CTS-V though is way better than the regular one. Why not? :). This video lets me hear the engine....niiiice!

EDIT: Is this thing really in the 80K range? That is just....shocking. I can't see spending that on ANY Cadillac vehicle.

7. Tripler

Then you know nothing about Cadillac . This car will drive circles around any euro car of the same calliber and some above . Why do you think $80,000 is too much ? That's pretty dam cheap for a car that tops out over 200mph ! No merc or porch is gonna hit that speed for that cost ...
    Go test drive one and come back here and tell me it is a pos ... You are in for a shock and a surprise on how confortable that car is and how well it handles . It is basically a 4 door Corvette plain and simple with amples of creature comforts thrown in to the pot .
    ;)
    PS ... I have been to the track and watched a Cadillac pass every car during a track day . Even a Ferrarri and an AMG merc were no match for the caddy lol ... Caddy impressed the hell out of me ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Overmind One

$80,000 is Tesla territory. It's also Mercedes, Audi, BMW premium territory (the large sedans), and can get you in a low end Porsche. Yeah, the car is fast as hell, but why buy a sedan for speed? I do like it, but I think I would probably make a different choice for that money. :) I can't afford $80,000 grand for a car anymore myself, so power to whomever can!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tripler

Agree it's huge coin but for those who can afford it , there in for a thrill . Most proably won't push it anyway but the option is always there . Your right also . People may go towards Tesla but a true car person who appreciates the best a gasoline engine can provide , then a Caddy is a good option ...
    ;)

10. Tripler

Porch prices ... The one that will stay with the Caddy is $200,000 + lol ...
    The rest are actully cheaper than I thought they would be . Interesting ...
    ;)
    https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tripler

CTS-V sure outruns a Tesla in the 1/2 mile ...

12. Overmind One

Curious...would your motorcycle(s) beat these cars in the 1/2 mile?

13. Tripler

Not a chance that mine would beat either lol but a Super motorcycle would like the Kawasaki H2 which has a super charger .
    This guy gets his ass kicked tho in a 1000cc , same engine in my bike but mine is tuned for economy . Obviously not enough juice lol . Top end tho , the bike would win as a Tesla stops at 147mph I believe ...

14. Tripler

Yikes ,,I missed this ! These cars are night and day from one another for your information . Completely different platform ,,...

;)

15. Overmind One

Actually, no. Well, partially. :) The Chevy Malibu and the Cadillac CTS shared the same chassis and drivetrain (and the 6-cylinder engine) up to 2015. The latest CTS-V shares it's platform with....The Chevy Camaro.