Cinemark Theatres to Reward Patrons Who Refrain From Texting...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
That is just BRILLIANT! I hope the idea catches on with other theater chains.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
That is just BRILLIANT! I hope the idea catches on with other theater chains.
I was thinking that, myself. The kid and I generally tend to only hit the Arclight chain of theatres here in SoCal, and they already have nice bells and whistles. You get a discount for ordering your tickets online (unlike other sites who charge you a "convenience fee") and you can pick your seats before the show, so there are no long lines where you end up finding out you're either sitting in the nosebleed seats or up close and personal with the 9 year olds.

Them having full bars and a real restaurant in them (well, most have the real restaurant, but all serve "real" food), make them our theatre of choice. :topsy_turvy:

Bluce Ree

I was thinking that, myself. The kid and I generally tend to only hit the Arclight chain of theatres here in SoCal, and they already have nice bells and whistles. You get a discount for ordering your tickets online (unlike other sites who charge you a "convenience fee") and you can pick your seats before the show, so there are no long lines where you end up finding out you're either sitting in the nosebleed seats or up close and personal with the 9 year olds.

Them having full bars and a real restaurant in them (well, most have the real restaurant, but all serve "real" food), make them our theatre of choice. :topsy_turvy:

I wish we had stuff like that on the east coast. I don't mind nosebleeds at the theater when the movie is on a giant screen. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
We've got our tickets for the first "Hobbit" movie next month. The kid bought them the first day they were available. :-)

Bluce Ree

We've got our tickets for the first "Hobbit" movie next month. The kid bought them the first day they were available. :-)

With all this automation, like automated trading based on criteria, it's no wonder the stock market flies up and down for no apparent reason. :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The Arclight has decided to invest in the technology required to show the faster framerate stuff, so I'm really excited to see this.

I think it'll be a lot like watching our 240 (rather than 120) HD tv. It's like it's really happening right there in front of you, which gives it an added dimension of reality and helps you to lose yourself even further in what's happening onscreen.

Bluce Ree

The Arclight has decided to invest in the technology required to show the faster framerate stuff, so I'm really excited to see this.

I think it'll be a lot like watching our 240 (rather than 120) HD tv. It's like it's really happening right there in front of you, which gives it an added dimension of reality and helps you to lose yourself even further in what's happening onscreen.

I'm still trying to get used to watching TV with that level of clarity. My first impression was that everything felt more like watching daytime soap-quality filming.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm still trying to get used to watching TV with that level of clarity. My first impression was that everything felt more like watching daytime soap-quality filming.
Yes, we call it "Soap Vision (TM)" around here. I've gotten used to it, though, and really do notice a difference when watching non-240 quality sets (120 looks like crap to me, now LOL)

Bluce Ree

Yay, lets incentivise good behavior, because it's too hard for people to accept any responsibility for thier own actions.

Have you been paying attention at all to the US's general population? :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
S

Stonelesscutter