Cat Lovers Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Believe it or not this "headline" from The Onion has stuck in my head since 1998. (sorry bro but I just had to :anim_59:)

Like Boxes Of Shit In Your House? Get A Cat

NEWS IN PHOTOSISSUE 33•15 • Apr 22, 1998

LMAO...I know some humans whose bodies/homes smell like shit and they dont even have pets! :anim_59:

Cats are cleaner than a lot of people I have seen. Besides that, cats do not give love unconditionally. Be mean to them, and they avoid you and they dont forget you are an asshole. A dog, well you can basically beat it up, pee on it, abuse it, and ignore it, and it will still love you. I cant believe I have seen abused dogs in videos who wag their tails when their masters come close. A cat will remember what you did and either avoid you or even get REVENGE (Siamese cats are known for this). So, when a cat chooses to sit in your lap or butt you with its head or give you the ultimate compliment by licking you or allowing you to rub its belly, that is something. My cats greet me when I come home, and it is not because of food because they have that all day. For Siete, it means that he gets to watch TV. For Fisher, it means the teaser toy and friendship he is not getting from the other cats. For Dante, it means a good night's sleep. :)

Whenever I am on my bed, Dante waits until I stop adjusting and moving, and then he comes up under my arm and snuggles in just like this picture.

2013-05-10 22.36.14.jpg

He stays there all night unless I turn in my sleep, and then he is draped across my waist in the morning. :unconscious: When you dont have children and no live in human company, cats can fill that gap. Siete is such an unusually behaved cat (more like a dog) that even my friends who hate cats seem to love Siete. He actually wags his tail, comes when you call him, and plays fetch! But how he acts when he is watching TV is hilarious. Its even hilarious to watch him demanding to have it turned on. He cant talk, but he definitely gets his message across, cause my friends say "Damn, I think this cat is telling you to turn on the TV set!"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My cat Dante is convinced my feet are still in those boots! :anim_59: I came home and sat on the edge of the bed and Dante flopped down on my boot and was hugging it and would not move, so I took them off in place, and here he is still owning the boot! LMAO. I never knew how funny cats could be. And I was a dog person. :P :cat:

dante_boot.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cats are just weird bro, accept it. :)

He is practicing for the grip he will need to trip me when he ambushes me tomorrow when I come home. :biggrin: :hide; :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hmm...looks like Dante needs to go on a low-carb diet. :winking0052: :P

He is on one! He is a fattie. He was the outdoor cat and he used to be slim and trim, and now he is the cat version of obese. I have him on a grain free, high protein diet. Thing is, he explores until he finds the cat dishes of the other two cats and chows down. I need to discuss this with the vet. I have some fat pictures of him I can show.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Cats eat carbs? LOL

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
He is on one! He is a fattie. He was the outdoor cat and he used to be slim and trim, and now he is the cat version of obese. I have him on a grain free, high protein diet. Thing is, he explores until he finds the cat dishes of the other two cats and chows down. I need to discuss this with the vet. I have some fat pictures of him I can show.

If the other two cats are slimmer, put their bowls high up somewhere where they can jump to that tubby would have trouble reaching. Fat cats try to avoid jumping.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If the other two cats are slimmer, put their bowls high up somewhere where they can jump to that tubby would have trouble reaching. Fat cats try to avoid jumping.

True, "fat cats" usually pay someone to jump for them. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I have been doing that. :) And yes, he does have trouble jumping. He used to love napping under the bed, but he can no longer easily squeeze under there. I have a Malm bed from Ikea and it has about 6in clearance around the edges. He is WAY overweight and is very heavy. Heavy enough to dent a car hood if he was able to get to one.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have been doing that. :) And yes, he does have trouble jumping. He used to love napping under the bed, but he can no longer easily squeeze under there. I have a Malm bed from Ikea and it has about 6in clearance around the edges. He is WAY overweight and is very heavy. Heavy enough to dent a car hood if he was able to get to one.

Well, any cat is heavy enough to dent a car hood providing you're accelerating fast enough towards them. :winking0052:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is the big fat Dante cat

2013-06-16 13.51.56.jpg

It is very unhealthy for a cat to become this fat. Especially if he does not exercise. I am going to have to take drastic measures because he is a porker and I am afraid he will develop the cat form of diabetes. But he does drink a lot of water.