Cat Lovers Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One of the worst days of my life was losing new born kittens my cat gave birth to. A wild, aggressive male cat had bitten their necks off

I know after watching that I want one but they are not cheap.

Besides food and litter, they sure are cheap! I buy high quality cat food for my three cats, both dry and wet (Blue Buffalo). A 12lb bag ($27.00) lasts more than a month of the dry, and a case of Blue Buffalo 5.5oz cans (24 cans, $31.00) feeds all three cats 24 days, at a can per day divided between them. I made the cat fountains, and after the initial purchase of litterboxes and feeding bowls, I figure it is costing me about $25.00 per cat per month. Not much. :) A 20lb container of clumping deodorizing cat litter is about $8.00 and lasts a month for THREE cats. I imagine it would go longer for a little kitty. Kitty food is less to buy. You can make it even cheaper.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So, Percy had her next litter today, she was not -supposed- to be able to get pregnant again so soon after the other kittens, but, yes, before we could get her desexed, she managed it.
5 more kitteh's

DSCN0319.JPG

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Time for a new pet cat....

pet cat.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I haz 3 kitteh now...........

Is this possible...that Percy had 3 kittens from an 8 kitten litter (the usual size of a litter), and the other five were not yet ready to be born? Perhaps these five are part of the last one? I don't know, I have never owned a female cat. Before these three I have now, there was only Felix from 20 years before.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow...I went back to the first post on this thread, and it was in 2012 when I got Siete and Dante, and they were both 8 years old then. That means that they are 12 years old now! I got Fisher the following year, and he was 8 so he is also 12. They all three look so happy and healthy! Well.....they are all three overweight, but not obese. But It's hard to believe that they are all three 12 years old. It seems like they have not aged to me at all.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Is this possible...that Percy had 3 kittens from an 8 kitten litter (the usual size of a litter), and the other five were not yet ready to be born? Perhaps these five are part of the last one? I don't know, I have never owned a female cat. Before these three I have now, there was only Felix from 20 years before.
Nah, separate litters.
No way she would have them almost 14 weeks apart.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nah, separate litters.
No way she would have them almost 14 weeks apart.

Ah, okay. :) Looks like it was the same cat baby-daddy? Sue him for child support!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It's a black semi-long haired one that lives down the street.
I just want Percy desexed, and as she should be out of heat now, it should be ok.
Oh, the kittens all have names now:
Apollo, Aurora, Magnus, Mya and Iris.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's a black semi-long haired one that lives down the street.
I just want Percy desexed, and as she should be out of heat now, it should be ok.
Oh, the kittens all have names now:
Apollo, Aurora, Magnus, Mya and Iris.

Who gets to name them? :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Mum and the kids.
I keep out of it because I don't want to get attached to them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mum and the kids.
I keep out of it because I don't want to get attached to them.

How can you not get attached to cute, furry, warm purring kittehs? I can't even SEE kittens without wanting them.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It's not easy, but if you get too attached, you don't want to give them up, and I am NOT dealing with 10 bloody cats, the 5 others drive me mad enough, and with any luck, we will be going back down to 4. It's all fine for everyone else, they get to play with them, have cuddles etc etc, but I clean up the litter trays, I feed them, I take them to the vet and frankly, it's starting to piss me off.

Don't get me wrong, I love da kitteh's, but there is a limit.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's not easy, but if you get too attached, you don't want to give them up, and I am NOT dealing with 10 bloody cats, the 5 others drive me mad enough, and with any luck, we will be going back down to 4. It's all fine for everyone else, they get to play with them, have cuddles etc etc, but I clean up the litter trays, I feed them, I take them to the vet and frankly, it's starting to piss me off.

Don't get me wrong, I love da kitteh's, but there is a limit.

Okay, I can understand that.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It's a pity that Thea (the ginger tigress) wasn't the one having the kittens, a mix of her and this particular father would have produced some adorable little tigers.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Awwwwwwwwww.........Im melting from cute overload. :redface: The one with the four kitties together is just adorable! So, do you find homes for the ones you can't keep?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They are all going, even if just to the local RSPCA and we pay to feed them till they get adopted.