Cat Lovers Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They had a fountain in NL but somehow it was broken in one of their moves. I have to save up for another one but first I am saving for a big cat tree. They drink from a plastic bowl thing, it was a food feeder so slanted down but now I just use for water since they have a food hide and seek tower.

They both love the tuna, but she is crazy for it. She's a tiny thing and she is up your bumm if she suspects tuna. I cannot go to kitchen for anything without a little follower.

Mine get upset if I leave house for an hour.

Mine are always trying to second guess me. I go to work in the morning and they know I will be gone most of the day.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Cats are very affectionate. People who claim they are aloof and only want food are crazy. This is my cat Dante. Both Siete and Dante (my original cats) are lovebugs. Both love to cuddle and are super friendly. But Dante ADORES me. He needs to be everywhere I am, and he loves to sleep cradled under my arm or curled up across my legs or sitting in my lap. Lately, he has taken to snuggling up to me when I am typing on my computers. Here he is "owning" me while I type on the livingroom computer.

View attachment 31217

He has to also own my clothes and shoes and even my mail. :) As soon as I take my shoes off, he seizes them and lays across them. My jacket better be hung up, because if I toss it across the bed he will immediately plop down on it and own it. When I bring the mail in, he has to lay across all of it even if it means he has to extend his arms or legs to touch every piece of mail.

I love this cat. :) Even though he is 8 years old, he meows like a kitten and I find him adorable.

Agreed

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Remember my kitten named Percy?
Seems Percy is a Persephone, so I am expecting a litter in a week or two..........
Errgh, right in time for everyone else to get ready for school.............

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Remember my kitten named Percy?
Seems Percy is a Persephone, so I am expecting a litter in a week or two..........
Errgh, right in time for everyone else to get ready for school.............

LOL! So, will you be able to find homes for the kitties? I can't even see kittens because I just want to take them home. :) I avoid walking past the cattery in Petsmart.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
LOL! So, will you be able to find homes for the kitties? I can't even see kittens because I just want to take them home. :) I avoid walking past the cattery in Petsmart.
Yeah, we can go through the people we got Thea off. We got Percy for free because he was a "rescue" from a bad family environment, but we will take these kitteh's through the system so they have the best chance of being adopted by a loving family.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yeah, we can go through the people we got Thea off. We got Percy for free because he was a "rescue" from a bad family environment, but we will take these kitteh's through the system so they have the best chance of being adopted by a loving family.
People who abuse animals should be locked up for life. No respect for life.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
He wasn't "abused" per se, more like the owner could not be arsed de-sexing his female cat, so not so much "mistreated" as ignored.
After a few weeks, we will get Percy de-sexed

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He wasn't "abused" per se, more like the owner could not be arsed de-sexing his female cat, so not so much "mistreated" as ignored.
After a few weeks, we will get Percy de-sexed

My cats will simply not tolerate being ignored. :) They will simply watch to see what is taking my attention, and they will "own" it, forcing me to interact with them. It is accompanied by a purposeful feline facial expression which tells me it's their time right then (at least for 10 minutes) I don't think that is too much to ask.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
My cats will simply not tolerate being ignored. :) They will simply watch to see what is taking my attention, and they will "own" it, forcing me to interact with them. It is accompanied by a purposeful feline facial expression which tells me it's their time right then (at least for 10 minutes) I don't think that is too much to ask.
They had -lots- of cat's, and a few dogs dude, plus a big yard for them to run around in. Neglect was going to be his/her fate unfortunately, and as the runt, with a birth defect (more cosmetic than anything else), a lot of people would have not given her a second look.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cats are geeks too!

My big cat Siete decided he wanted to use my computer while I went to make myself a sandwich. When I came back, he was walking away from my keyboard, and I looked at my screen and everything was upside down! WTF? Turns out that he activated a keyboard shortcut that I never EVER used (or even knew about). Try this and you will see (works on any computer in Windows). Before you do it, note that Ctrl+Alt+UP Arrow will make it normal again. :)

Hit Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow.

BAHAHAHA! Dumb geek cat taught me something! :cat:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I haz 3 kitteh now...........

klklklklklklklklklklklklklkl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t56 ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;

LMAO! I just posted this right after he typed it. :smiley-white-flag:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
klklklklklklklklklklklklklkl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t56 ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;l,;

LMAO! I just posted this right after he typed it. :smiley-white-flag:
tell Siete to stop winking at me, its disturbing :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cats can be trained to do "dog" tricks:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, my big cat Siete has an addiction I was unaware of until today. He LOVES cream cheese. Adores it. I had no idea, as I toasted a plain bagel an had slathered my requisite thick layer of cream cheese on the toasted halves. I generally do not eat bagels at home because that means I have to buy a bag of them and they are EXTREMELY high carb (over 65gm carbs each). Anyway, I go to the bathroom to wash my hands and face...maybe 5 minutes? I came back and Siete had licked about 2/3 of all the cream cheese off of one half of the bagels. I was both pissed and surprised, and then he looked up at me and he had a cream cheese mustache and I had to burst out laughing. :) I just allowed him to keep that one and I ate the other one. He was licking that bagel half for at least 15 minutes, getting every little bit of cream cheese he could get. Hilarious! I will remember this for later use...:icon_cool:. But he is such a good cat I usually never have to bribe him.

Last edited: