Cancellation Bear says...

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Cancellation Bear

as an inline jpg.

SGUSCB.jpg

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Meh, I give up. The image posting limitations on this site suck as bad as SGU.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
The site doesn't accept too big pictures. Just reduce the size of the picture you want to post and it should solve the problem. :)

Um...yeah...if I had the ability to reduce pic size then this wouldn't be a problem. :)

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
You can easily do it for example with "Paint". There should be an option of "picture stretching/pulling" or something similar called (I use a German version so I am not sure what it is called exactly in the English version). Go there and reduce the "horizontal" and "vertical" size. Instead of the 100 %, which it will show there, just put there 80 % or something, depending on the size of the original picture.

Did that. The upload attachment feature on here doesn't work. Honestly, there shouldn't be that many steps to uploading a pic here. No idea why it's so problematic but it's not my system as I've been able to upload pics to other forums without a problem.

I give this SGU.S feature a :beckettd:

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
Are they serious?

renew.jpg

I would be really surprised if this were true- on the other hand it'd give us something to make fun of for another year... and improve the chances of getting the movies. I would definitely be willing to put up with SGU to get Revolution and Extinction.

Well, considering I don't watch SGU it's pretty easy to put up with it. :)

tetrion

GateFans Noob
Huh??? How can a show making sub-million ratings pull a profit? Especially when production and actor costs keep rising?

How blind / dumb / drugged are the network execs if they can't see the downward rating slope and rapidly diminishing audience.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to put up with another season of this drek for the vague possibility of further stargate movies, which may be written by the same people responsible for this deformed abortion, and have made their distaste for the previous shows very clear.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
DUDE....

Did that. The upload attachment feature on here doesn't work. Honestly, there shouldn't be that many steps to uploading a pic here. No idea why it's so problematic but it's not my system as I've been able to upload pics to other forums without a problem.

I give this SGU.S feature a :beckettd:

The dimension size for pictures here needs to be no more than 1000 pixels in either width or height. The features here are just fine, and those dimensions are very generous. The problem is with how you are taking your pictures. You tell me where you can upload bigger pictures to a forum and I will shut up about it. You claim you can upload them elsewhere without a problem...where? The photo sharing sites will resize a photo which is huge, like a hi resolution photo over 3300 on a side, but no forums will allow much over 800. This one allows 1000.

If you would simply resize the photos using simple tools like Paint (which is already installed on your computer), you would have no problem. Changing the resolution on the camera would also solve your problem. So, for taking high resolution photos and not knowing how to resize them or having enough patience to take a minute to do it or learn how to do it, I give you a FAIL :beckettd:

alien0

GateFans Noob
yeah baby, bring it on SYFY!

hey, you have to think different :joy:

if they are dumb enough to burn their money on a third season which gets ultra bad ratings,
then we will have a year full of fun, comradeship, and still 1 million viewers left who can leave ^^ hahahahaha.

i personally would be thrilled to see how low the ratings will get if you give it enough time ^^.

500k is DEFINATELY possible if they pull more soapshit and stuff.
PSW's graphs would look AWESOME...

and sgusucks.com would gain more and more lurkers and members if they won't make any movies in favor to greenlight a 3rd season of shit which won't pay off and drives the last nail in the coffin of the franchise. We will be mentioned by tptb all the way along if they get greenlit, and this is gonna be awesome for our popularity!

sgufail

GateFans Noob
Huh??? How can a show making sub-million ratings pull a profit? Especially when production and actor costs keep rising?

How blind / dumb / drugged are the network execs if they can't see the downward rating slope and rapidly diminishing audience.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to put up with another season of this drek for the vague possibility of further stargate movies, which may be written by the same people responsible for this deformed abortion, and have made their distaste for the previous shows very clear.

Its really not too hard for a show like SGU to make profit.

Cost:
$2,000,000 per episode

Ad Revenue (US only):
1,000,000 viewers @ $0.75 per viewer
= $750,000 per 17 minutes of advertising (1 episode)

So whether its profitable to Syfy very much depends on how much they pay for the show, given that MGM makes money from licensing fees all around the world plus DVDs I think its safe to say that MGM pay far more than Syfy does.

I'd say its probably making profit but I'd bet money that its a considerably smaller profit margin than any other Syfy show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is what disturbs me...

Cost:
$2,000,000 per episode

Ad Revenue (US only):

So whether its profitable to Syfy very much depends on how much they pay for the show, given that MGM makes money from licensing fees all around the world plus DVDs I think its safe to say that MGM pay far more than Syfy does.

I'd say its probably making profit but I'd bet money that its a considerably smaller profit margin than any other Syfy show.

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines. This is not good...if they re-balance the production values and negotiate new actor's contracts (and eliminate one or more of the "name" actors/actresses like Ming Na or Louis Ferreria or LDP), they could sell Syfy or MGM a much lower cost and convince them to renew. :(. Im a math sorta guy myself, and I can see them changing the equation easily. They can start integrating green screen instead of building new sets, they could shorten the season to less than 20 episodes, or a combination of any of those scenarios...and get a third season. I cant deny that its possible. :facepalm: Not likely, but possible.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

Cost:
$2,000,000 per episode

Ad Revenue (US only):

The cost is more like 2.5 - 3.0 million per episode. Check out this thread.

Even so, as any student of economics knows, it's not the cost of making a product that determines its final price or profitability, but the profit in comparison to other alternatives as well. I.e. if a product sells for less than it costs to produce but any other available options would lose even more money, than it's "profitable" for a company to keep that product (at least short-term or else the business goes bankrupt eventually). Likewise, if the product is turning a profit BUT there are other alternatives immediately available which will do even better, then that product is no longer "profitable".
Incidently that's one of the things that happened with SGA: it was turning a decent profit, but someone decided replacing it with SGU would do even better...

alien0

GateFans Noob
Incidently that's one of the things that happened with SGA: it was turning a decent profit, but someone decided replacing it with SGU would do even better...

yap, but who ever made this possible, wasn't very good at this :bradcry::robertcooper:...

they screwed up bigtime and decreased the profit by at least 1/3 (my guess).
they had to hire the high paid actors + they had to build whole new sets.
the recession was also pulling on them all the time.

the always mentioned highly profitable markets in australia and the uk, which came directly after the us and germany, are virtually wiped off the equation.

no, no, no! nobody can tell me they make big money with this thing. no way!
only political reasons of syfy and mgm will let sgu on the air. With one million viewers per ep,
you can assume that the re-viewing-value, is for most of the live or dvr audience, close to zero.

we need some numbers of bluray and dvd sales of the diffenrent sg shows to back the assumption up. but i'm pretty sure that these suck a lot for sgu.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That 2 mill per episode number is probably way low. Sanctuary is in the 2 mill per episode range and it has been quoted at costing between 50%-60% of the cost of SGU.

P

phronsie

Aagh!

I know it's perverse, but I was starting to feel a little sympathy for SGU, its cast and fans, with the pending cancellation ("maybe I should be a little more sensitive?"), but now that there's a rumor of renewal, I'm aghast -- NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

DIE, you misbegotten malformed offspring of a diseased donkey!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!

Really, is that too much to ask??

:rononwraith:

alien0

GateFans Noob
I know it's perverse, but I was starting to feel a little sympathy for SGU, its cast and fans, with the pending cancellation ("maybe I should be a little more sensitive?"), but now that there's a rumor of renewal, I'm aghast -- NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

DIE, you misbegotten malformed offspring of a diseased donkey!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!

Really, is that too much to ask??

:rononwraith:

View attachment 2173
buuurnnnn baby buuuuuuuuuuuuurn!!!

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Excellent Icon

Love the new icon. He's looking for that season three meal before hibernation.

Can't find my own bears. I think this was mine:

Attachments

• Im-going-to-Malibu-to-eat-some-poodle.jpg
    Im-going-to-Malibu-to-eat-some-poodle.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 258