Can I still download Windows 7?

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I had to buy a new hard drive because my old one went kaput. I am now in search of an operating system for it that I can download. I really don't want 10 or 8. I prefer 7. Anyone know if there is somewhere that sells a legitimate windows 7, with key, that I can buy by download? I have a US bank account still and a VPN so a USA site is fine. I just want to make sure it's legit and I can pay by CC and download it. If forced to buy 8, I can deal and just update to 10. Any ideas other than Amazon or Ebay?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I had to buy a new hard drive because my old one went kaput. I am now in search of an operating system for it that I can download. I really don't want 10 or 8. I prefer 7. Anyone know if there is somewhere that sells a legitimate windows 7, with key, that I can buy by download? I have a US bank account still and a VPN so a USA site is fine. I just want to make sure it's legit and I can pay by CC and download it. If forced to buy 8, I can deal and just update to 10. Any ideas other than Amazon or Ebay?

What's wrong with Amazon or Ebay? Windows 7 is Windows 7 no matter where you buy it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I have to ask...why? You are making things more difficult for yourself. But, you can try here:

http://www.elara.ie/products/ossw.aspx?available=checked

If you have your old Windows 7 key, you only need the software and then use the old key. You can download that here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
Yeah, that's just it. My key sticker is all worn off. So, I no longer have that key, the drive itself won't even boot to get it off using a program like Belarc ( I tried, she's shot ), and I don't want to have shipped to me since that would be crazy expensive. I can buy here and have shipped but I was hoping to just be able to download it.

I will try that other link. Can I use an a key from an old computer I have that does not work or does that not matter? There's some old ones in the USA garage that I might be able to use, they are no longer functioning but they were at one time and so those keys were used in the past.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, that's just it. My key sticker is all worn off. So, I no longer have that key, the drive itself won't even boot to get it off using a program like Belarc ( I tried, she's shot ), and I don't want to have shipped to me since that would be crazy expensive. I can buy here and have shipped but I was hoping to just be able to download it.

I will try that other link. Can I use an a key from an old computer I have that does not work or does that not matter? There's some old ones in the USA garage that I might be able to use, they are no longer functioning but they were at one time and so those keys were used in the past.

You can download it from the Microsoft site.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

You can use any valid key you may have sitting around.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I really just need a key.

If you buy the key, then just input it at the Microsoft link I posted and you can download the .iso and burn it.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
If you buy the key, then just input it at the Microsoft link I posted and you can download the .iso and burn it.
Yes, I am just looking into the logistics of how to go about downloading onto my external hard drive and emailing myself the key to my smart phone. Then he can put the new hard drive in and boot from external hard drive and hopefully activate the windows.

I don't know what an .iso is. He does. Is that from Microsoft? I don't have a disc, it would be my external hard drive. Do I need one for that?

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Indeed, and none of them are just the Home version of 7. I found a key for sale for Window 7 Home in Amazon UK, but I also don't know if it can be trusted.

I also need to be able to just buy the key or download since shipping from USA would make very expensive.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Indeed, and none of them are just the Home version of 7. I found a key for sale for Window 7 Home in Amazon UK, but I also don't know if it can be trusted.

I also need to be able to just buy the key or download since shipping from USA would make very expensive.

Amazon has a strong money back policy. If the key turns out to be illegitimate, you can get your money back. Check the Amazon UK policy to be sure, though.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I like that idea, this one 149 positive reviews and most are fairly current with a rating a 4.5/5 stars.

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit MAR Version Hologramm English UK

by Microsoft
Platform : Windows 7
4.6 out of 5 stars 149 customer reviews

Price: £33.90 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details

In stock.

Learn more
Sold by WINLicense GmbH and Fulfilled by Amazon.

• product is original Hologramm DVD and COA
  • no dell or Fujitsu Version
  • Can be install and activate on every PC or Laptop
  • Use the full performance of your PC/Notebook with the 64 bit version