Call of Duty Franchise

Tropicana

Council Member
I don't know if any of you guys play this but I do, I love C.O.D. I own Modern Warfare 1&2, World At War and Black Ops.

Yes deep down, I'm just like any guy. Give me a big assault rifle and let's go! :D

Normally, I would play Modern Warfare 2 online matches but lately, I couldn't get enough of the zombie matches on Black Ops on the PS3 console. It is so freakin awesome.

Red Mage

Boney
I don't care for the games. I occasionally play them with friends but first person shooters in general are definately not my favorite genre. I'm definately burnt out on the franchise. The games in the franchise come out way too frequently. Activision should just putting the year in the title like EA does with its sports titles because they churn out a new one every year: Call of Duty '11, Call of Duty '12, Call of Duty '13 etc.

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
It really can become an addiction...

I use to play the first Call of Duty game (PC) and its expansion online ALL THE TIME. It pretty much took over my life. Most of my free time was spent playing that for about 2 years. I got really good at it. You may have heard of me...my name was "General Yogi Bear." Weeeeeeeeee. (sigh) Yes very sad indeed. It was fun and awesome because everytime you would play online it would be different (different people, different actions and scenarios etc.) but eventually I just had to stop cold turkey and haven't played any COD since 2008. I guess the reason it became an addiction was because my life wasn't that great and this was an escape and I was kind of good at it and it made me feel better about myself and it does kind of get your adrenaline going. Great fun but video game addiction can be a real thing. I try to limit myself now a days when playing any other game. I actually mostly read books now in my off time...ha.

Tropicana

Council Member
Aww Jason.

Well kudos I say, game addiction is a terrible affliction and so far, you are kicking ass from what you have said so far, so well done! :beckettu: