Brad Wright talks about making the SGU season finale a series finale

S

Stonelesscutter

I'm just saying those that think Brad has no right to touch the SGA/SG1 cast are being a little harsh. Some may not like it, but he does have the right to create his vision with his characters.

I'm not so sure the cast would want to be touched by Brad. :P
He may have a certain vision regarding creation but I think there are laws against such things. :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
he's been crying in his (pretentious) beer!

I could see a crossover working, but I could tell you the basic plot outline as well.

They find out that they are the cause of the background radiation, they were the original creators and progenitors of the Ancient and Ori races (already foreshadowed in the last couple of eps). The Destiny has a chair device so at some point it can hook into the Atlantis chair (which, as they know what is to come, based thier designs off) so you have the SGA tie in, SG-1 tie in's are already allowed via the stones anyway.

It's an eternity loop and it's not new, it's not groundbreaking Scifi stuff. Even Red Dwarf has this concept in the episode "Ouroberous" for crying out loud. (and is further developed in the actual books). Geez, if I'm right, no wonder they wanted to nab a younger audience, preferably one that had not read or seen this kind of thing before.
Everything old is new again at some point I guess.

And they did! most of the squees are so young and dumb that sgu seems so "realistic" and "mature" to them! :P

Another way to "tie in" the shows would be to reveal that the entire SGU series was actually created in Samantha Carter's mind by Fifth when he was torturing her (in the Episode "New Order"). The idea was that watching these utterly self absorbed and unlikeable people would torment her so much that he could be her rescuer and she would fall in love with him...

Green you closet genius you! :laughing:
Just call me the Millenium Falcon, I'm full of suprises :D

Or just old and held together by duct tape? ;)

And THAT was what made it so pathetic. Not the changes themselves, but all the dissing of SGA and utterings of Mozz treating Atlantis BEFORE the changes. They wanted to connect SGU directly to SG-1 but when it came to Atlantis...what Atlantis? Even in season 2 they didnt really talk about it, even when Rodney was onboard. Season 2 was a thinly veiled cop out. It was already fatally bleeding by the end of season 1 anyways.

should be taught as a "what not to do" in a PR course! ;)

I'm not so sure the cast would want to be touched by Brad. :P
He may have a certain vision regarding creation but I think there are laws against such things. :D

Oh evil one! that is hilarious!!! :rotflmao:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I thought parsecs were a measure of distance.
??

They are a measure of distance. Han Solo was able to shave off some "distance" by skirting a black hole (or something like that) on the Kessel run. Still, that's the line he uses in Star Wars. It sounds like he's talking about time but it's actually distance (I believe). Only true Star Wars geeks know for sure.

ETA: The Kessel run was a "corridor" of space whereby smugglers could effectively avoid the Imperial fleet. So yes, there were probably ways to shave off distance by cutting corners.

S

Stonelesscutter

They are a measure of distance. Han Solo was able to shave off some "distance" by skirting a black hole (or something like that) on the Kessel run. Still, that's the line he uses in Star Wars. It sounds like he's talking about time but it's actually distance (I believe). Only true Star Wars geeks know for sure.

ETA: The Kessel run was a "corridor" of space whereby smugglers could effectively avoid the Imperial fleet. So yes, there were probably ways to shave off distance by cutting corners.

It's an interesting phenomenon isn't it? The smugglers spaceships can use the corridor, but the imperial spaceships can't. :) Interesting law of physics.

S

Stonelesscutter

YES im ANGRY and all hopped up on green!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need about 5 more "!" to fill the entire line on my screen.
Or perhaps about 3 more "A"s.

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
Thank you for the poem Gatefan, it scrambled my brain but I loved it. I've never read Eliot before.

Guys, take note: chicks dig poets.
(Stoneless, that doesn't apply to dirty limericks.)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sigh...

It's an interesting phenomenon isn't it? The smugglers spaceships can use the corridor, but the imperial spaceships can't. :) Interesting law of physics.

Um, the "Kessel Run" is an area of space that isn't heavily patrolled by the Imperial fleet, hence it's used by smugglers to avoid detection while transporting contraband. It has nothing to do with the laws of physics (unless you involve a black hole of course).

Obviously you've never lived the life of a mercenary buccaneer. How sad. :(