Blood Moon Tonight: Los Angeles gets to see a total lunar eclipse tonight!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Tonight at 10:57pm, a total lunar eclipse will be visible from Los Angeles and most of southern California. :) If any of you have ever seen one of these, they are also called "blood moons" because when the Moon has been eclipsed, it will take on a deep red hue before returning to it's bluish-white appearance.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...stions-20140414,0,2061792.story#axzz2yvV1801K

download.jpg

This event is associated with Passover (which is the name given this Easter holiday in Judaism), and Passover could really mean Pass Over (the Moon).

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
And in the death,
As the last few corpses lay rotting on the slimy
Thoroughfare,
The shutters lifted in inches in Temperance Building,
High on Poacher's Hill.
And red, mutant, eyes gaze down on Hunger City.
No more big wheels.

Fleas the size of rats sucked on rats the size of cats,
And ten thousand peoploids split into small tribes,
Coveting the highest of the sterile skyscrapers,
Like packs of dogs assaulting the glass fronts of Love-Me Avenue.
Ripping and rewrapping mink and shiny silver fox, now leg-warmers.
Family badge of sapphire and cracked emerald.
Any day now,
The year of the Diamond Dogs.

"This ain't Rock'n'Roll,
This is Genocide."

upload_2014-4-15_12-5-4.jpeg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Seen these before...it was what was expected. :) There is another one happening in October.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Seen these before...it was what was expected. :) There is another one happening in October.

But it is still a sign :) :) :) ,,,... Yes run for the hills, but the hills have eyes ! . Run for the caves but who knows what lurks in dank dark places . Only evil ! . Pray or be left behind ! ...
Dam that stuff just irritates me to know end . How many century's has mankind been waiting for the world to end by celestial signs lol ... It is really wearing thin lol !!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
But it is still a sign :) :) :) ,,,... Yes run for the hills, but the hills have eyes ! . Run for the caves but who knows what lurks in dank dark places . Only evil ! . Pray or be left behind ! ...
Dam that stuff just irritates me to know end . How many century's has mankind been waiting for the world to end by celestial signs lol ... It is really wearing thin lol !!!

I believe that only the Jewish faith interprets these particular blood moons in 2014 a portent of something bad. They fall on significant Jewish holidays, and next year we get TWO solar eclipses. These are celestial events which have been observed by Man before and marked by special days in certain years and such, but I dont know if they necessarily mean "bad" or "good" things are going to happen. But something might occur in a celestial sense. I dont know. Im not a fan of doomsayers, and I think it is a bunch of hogwash. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Also I was dating the daughter of a holy roller family and they kept saying the blood red moon meant the end of days . That was back in the seventy's . If you want to get lucky real fast ,,, date a holy rollers daughter . They are awesome sinners :) :) :)

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Apparently there is a rare lunar eclipse event about to happen which only comes around every 158 years or so. Something blue moon, super moon, blood moon coinciding. Unfortunately I won't be able to see it from my location, but some of you might.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Apparently there is a rare lunar eclipse event about to happen which only comes around every 158 years or so. Something blue moon, super moon, blood moon coinciding. Unfortunately I won't be able to see it from my location, but some of you might.

I will! :joy:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No, it's not. . The daft punk is more 90s to 00s. This is more 80s

Yeah, that one is more 1980s, but the real instruments of it and the style remind me a lot of groups like Kool and the Gang and others of that era. Perhaps the 1970s (past 1975). The 1980s saw the first heavy use of electronic keyboards and drum machines. Farrell's song is all real instruments.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, anyone have suggestions on how to shoot this after the sun goes down? I will have a decent view of the moon, but how to shoot it?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Isn't it too late now?