Blade Runner film will be a sequel

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This is interesting. But does this mean they will use the much aged Harrison Ford?

30_harrison_fordlarge_image-1.jpg

I dunno...how do you do a sequel to Blade Runner without making it about the romance between Rachel and Deckhard? I dont want to SEE the happily ever after. Dr Tyrell who created the replicants is dead (killed by replicant Roy Batty). I see any sequel to the story as being sacrilege. I am completely uninterested in what happens after Deckhard and Rachel have moved up north to be together. They would have to find a way to create more replicants by perhaps some underling in Tyrell Corp using stolen technology, perhaps remove the four year failsafe, etc. But then wouldnt we have the human-form Cylons? :facepalm:. I bet some "marketing team" is out there hawking a Blade Runner series. It would be a massive fail.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Honestly, I found Bladerunner to be pretty boring (Sorry for the fans out there) I'm a huge fan of Sci-Fi but I never really found it to be that interesting. I can understand for its time it might have been interesting but I found 1930's Sci-Fi movies far more entertaining than this. I guess I'm not into that whole romance/Sci-Fi thing. I mean I can understand that it was trying to send a philosophical question of what makes us human and how are we different from robots but I found the execution of the film somewhat boring.

@overmind One they might make a cartoon series :O just like they did with Back to the Future and I found that to be pretty childish.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Honestly, I found Bladerunner to be pretty boring (Sorry for the fans out there) I'm a huge fan of Sci-Fi but I never really found it to be that interesting. I can understand for its time it might have been interesting but I found 1930's Sci-Fi movies far more entertaining than this. I guess I'm not into that whole romance/Sci-Fi thing. I mean I can understand that it was trying to send a philosophical question of what makes us human and how are we different from robots but I found the execution of the film somewhat boring.

@overmind One they might make a cartoon series :O just like they did with Back to the Future and I found that to be pretty childish.

Blade Runner is ART. The story was only minor compared to the visuals (of the time). Blade Runner was the Avatar of its era, and it set the tone for much science fiction to come. But a sequel, I dont see it. A remake? Maybe.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Blade Runner is ART. The story was only minor compared to the visuals (of the time). Blade Runner was the Avatar of its era, and it set the tone for much science fiction to come. But a sequel, I dont see it. A remake? Maybe.

I have my doubts about a sequel/prequel also. It smacks of just doing it for the money. I'm really tired of crap like that. They should only do it if they can advance the story.

G

Graybrew1

I will try to keep an open mind, and hope for the best.
Once again, getting very desperate for some Scifi. :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I will try to keep an open mind, and hope for the best.
Once again, getting very desperate for some Scifi. :P

You, me and everyone else here. That's why were yapping about politics and ragging on stupid shows that wouldn't make it 20 minutes out the gate 10 years ago instead of discussing the latest episode of something really cool and awesome. :(

G

Graybrew1

You, me and everyone else here. That's why were yapping about politics and ragging on stupid shows that wouldn't make it 20 minutes out the gate 10 years ago instead of discussing the latest episode of something really cool and awesome. :(

Indeed.
I just hope one of these latest attempts will be half as good as their originals.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This is VERY telling. There have been very bleak offerings recently. We have this new rash of post-apocalyptic family shows masquerading as science fiction such as Falling Skies, Terra Nova, and The Walking Dead. Sure, we get a few bones tossed to us, but the vast majority of episodes are soapy dreck and family-oriented morality plays between characters. BORING.

If they destroy the new Trek, I will be heartbroken. Blade Runner SEQUEL? I dont see it. Then again, The Fly II was (to me) much better than The Fly with Jeff Goldblum. A particularly horrible recent sequel was Tron II.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This is VERY telling. There have been very bleak offerings recently. We have this new rash of post-apocalyptic family shows masquerading as science fiction such as Falling Skies, Terra Nova, and The Walking Dead. Sure, we get a few bones tossed to us, but the vast majority of episodes are soapy dreck and family-oriented morality plays between characters. BORING.

If they destroy the new Trek, I will be heartbroken. Blade Runner SEQUEL? I dont see it. Then again, The Fly II was (to me) much better than The Fly with Jeff Goldblum. A particularly horrible recent sequel was Tron II.

I shudder at the thought of having sat through that sequel. :(