BLADE RUNNER 2

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I need crack to watch that again ... There was nothing else on back then ...

;) ;) ;)

there are full eps on YT--watch those- they are really freaky!!

I remember watching this like every saturday morning--yup, nothing else on, no wonder i took up reading my parent's encyclopedia collection :icon_e_ugeek: :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
there are full eps on YT--watch those- they are really freaky!!

I remember watching this like every saturday morning--yup, nothing else on, no wonder i took up reading my parent's encyclopedia collection :icon_e_ugeek: :icon_lol:

Man, I watched that along with Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. :) Today all that shit seems very weird.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
H.R. Puffnstuf was swimming in drug references. The style of the show fairly screams acid trip.

H.R.-Pufnstuf-pic.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
H.R. Puffnstuf was swimming in drug references. The style of the show fairly screams acid trip.

H.R.-Pufnstuf-pic.jpg

People knew for years that those two Sid and Marty Krofft used drugs to "enhance" their creative juices. I am guessing it was acid (LSD). At the Comic-Con in 2012, Sid admitted that. :)

http://collider.com/comic-con-sid-marty-krofft/

Excerpt:

At the panel, which was filled to capacity, the Krofft brothers proved they have not lost their sharp sense of humor or their creative edge. Sid admitted that drugs did indeed play a role in their creative process, that the first film he ever saw, The Wizard of Oz, convinced him to pursue a career in show business, and that One Million B.C. and Swiss Family Robinson inspired Land of the Lost.

ASIDE:

Anybody wanna take bets on whether or not Spongebob Squarepants came from an acid trip? :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Man, I watched that along with Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. :) Today all that shit seems very weird.

ever hear about what happened to the kid actor after HR?

I'd say he had it rough--

from wiki:

"Wild struggled to make the transition to adult stardom. He had begun smoking at the age of 12, and by age 17 was drinking heavily.[4] At age 21 he was already an alcoholic and a diabetic. This did not help him find acting work, and by 1976 his film career was badly stalled. In 1981 he was supposed to star with Suzi Quatro in a series about a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde for British television, but it was cancelled at the last minute. His alcoholism ruined both his career and his marriage to his childhood sweetheart, Gaynor Jones, who left him in 1985 because of his excessive drinking.[4]

After exhausting his remaining fortune Wild lived with his retired father for a few years.[3] His alcoholism caused three cardiac arrests and resulted in several hospital stays until he stopped drinking in 1989.[3] Wild later admitted his alcoholism was so debilitating during this period that from the late 1970s until he went sober, he was incapable of doing any kind of work"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ever hear about what happened to the kid actor after HR?

I'd say he had it rough--

from wiki:

"Wild struggled to make the transition to adult stardom. He had begun smoking at the age of 12, and by age 17 was drinking heavily.[4] At age 21 he was already an alcoholic and a diabetic. This did not help him find acting work, and by 1976 his film career was badly stalled. In 1981 he was supposed to star with Suzi Quatro in a series about a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde for British television, but it was cancelled at the last minute. His alcoholism ruined both his career and his marriage to his childhood sweetheart, Gaynor Jones, who left him in 1985 because of his excessive drinking.[4]

After exhausting his remaining fortune Wild lived with his retired father for a few years.[3] His alcoholism caused three cardiac arrests and resulted in several hospital stays until he stopped drinking in 1989.[3] Wild later admitted his alcoholism was so debilitating during this period that from the late 1970s until he went sober, he was incapable of doing any kind of work"

The kid never had a chance. :( Where do you go from a kid who plays a boy with a magic flute wandering around in a real life acid trip surrounded by characters wearing foam costumes which look like rejects denied access to Disneyland's Main Street parade?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ok, since I have fully derailed the thread ( :) :vala-new011: )

anyone watch the Hair Bear Bunch?

another from Sid and Marty- I was getting older when this came out (76) but I remember seeing it a few times:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

looks great!

wonder whats with all the korean writing on the buildings? hmm

and seemingly no koreans in sight

anyhow- I saw in another YT vid that Ridley Scott had answered a question that he has given consideration to, and deliberately placed the BLADE RUNNER world and the world of ALIEN/PREDATOR in the same universe

even so far to state that he intended (did he way back then?) that the corporate heads of the Weyland corp and the Tyrell corp knew each other and were competitive but friends

http://www.tor.com/2012/10/05/new-p...irms-blade-runner-and-alien-share-a-universe/

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to admit that I am having problems becoming interested in this one - and likewise Alien Covenant. I think there can come a time in a fictional universe where you just need to let it be.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have to admit that I am having problems becoming interested in this one - and likewise Alien Covenant. I think there can come a time in a fictional universe where you just need to let it be.

Very well put. :) After Prometheus, I have no interest in any Alien movies coming out, or basically anything by Ridley. This one, I can see many different stories taking place in the Blade Runner universe. Arguably, the latest Total Recall movie (not that great of a movie) has that world down pat. If you can, fire up that movie and just take in the visuals and you are in the Blade Runner universe visually. I could get into that, but I hope they just start a new story and not try and pick up the last one.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Alas this has Deckerd in it, so in all likelihood it is another replicant story.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i think that with scott's fairly recent (though he backdates his thoughts in interview) revelation that BR and ALIEN/PREDATOR are in the same 'universe' is just a way of him tipping to the fact that he is planning on possibly making more movies where these movies and their stories intersect

example- the BR world would have historical knowledge -even if secret- of the PREDATOR visits to Earth of the past all the way back to the original Schwarzennegar movie

I see that as a way of continuation and a 'new' way of milking a franchise, by blending it with other franchises and continuing to re-blend the stories of all 3

it could be good, but Scott always goes a little to much into the 'space horror' aspect of things for me. i'd rather see more sci fi /fantasy rather then the gore