BLADE RUNNER 2

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Maybe I am slow or something but I still don't see how Dekard is a replicant ... I like that fact in my thoughts anyway that he is human and I prefer him that way . But the director says he is a rep then so be it but from what I have watched( Blade Runner , I have the complete DVD set plus the collector items never opened , flying car model for instance ) and have it watched many many times over , I still don't get it ...

;) ;) ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Maybe I am slow or something but I still don't see how Dekard is a replicant ... I like that fact in my thoughts anyway that he is human and I prefer him that way . But the director says he is a rep then so be it but from what I have watched( Blade Runner , I have the complete DVD set plus the collector items never opened , flying car model for instance ) and have it watched many many times over , I still don't get it ...

;) ;) ;)

It's not something that was ever made obvious in the film. Ridley Scott came up with that in an interview long after the movie was made. He points to some unicorn vision Deckard had mid-movie then picking up a glass unicorn on the floor at the end as the pivotal moment of realization. It's a bunch of horseshit.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

;) ;) ;)

I have not watched BR for a very very long time.

But what I do remember is that, didn't Deckard have a kind of "natural" affinity for replicants? That is ,when the humans around him and those he worked with showed their prejudice against rep's, wasn't Deckard always more on the side of "feeling for" the rep's?

memory fuzzy though... :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
He did not have any real empathy for them, he was just very good at detecting them.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I always thought that the scary faced cop (Adama from BSG )making the origami knew that dekard did not kill the girl and he knew that dekard was going to run away with her but that he was also cheering dekard on to run off with her and I thought he just left that little origami unicorn as just another momento as he left other critters lying around so it was just another fancy critter . True dekard dreamed about a unicorn but I never saw that that dream would tell him he was a replicant . It told him that perhaps he liked unicorns running threw a sunny forest . What does a unicorn have to do with replicants ? It is a fictional creature were as a replicant is real and there seems to be a plethora of diffirent replicant models out and about and some obviously want a better than 6 year warranty .
No idea still as to how this movie shows dekard as a rep ...
;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He did although Harrison Ford contradicts that when he said that he and Scott had discussions about Deckard and had both agreed he was human. Later on, Scott says he was actually a replicant.

Apparently, the ending of the original script had Deckard realizing he was a replicant at the end of the movie but that wasn't the ending they shot.

Scott even told Harrison Ford that he was a human in the story when shooting, from what I hear. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I think Ridley must have been drinking when he did that interview and is just bleeping with us lol ...

;) ;) ;)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
1982, no wonder I can't remember. I also had the impression that he left the aluminum foil oragami as a signal that EJ Olmos was there and could of neutralized her. In other words get a move on and take a hike because I want your job.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
sci fi characters need more interesting names

like HR Puffingstuff

Now that was a name--well,it was fantasy, but close enough :)

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ok that kid running down the hill with a fricken flute in his mouth ! WTH . Did no one tell him about running with something stuck in your pie hole !!!
Sheeese !
And no way in hell would I get in that freak of a boat ...

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
sci fi characters need more interesting names

like HR Puffingstuff

Now that was a name--well,it was fantasy, but close enough :)

It was Pufinstuf. :) But I like the Puffingstuff MUCH better! Im gonna steal that as a handle. :icon_lol: