BLACK MIRROR to be produced and shown on NETFLIX

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Black. Mirror. Is. Awesome.

But I am confused...two of the three "seasons" are only 3 episodes! But "season" 3 is 6 episodes? I was disappointed to know there were only 12 episodes. :( But such GREAT writing! Such a firm grasp on technology and it's real world applications in society. The stories about social media, the dark side of it, the secret control of it. It is true science fiction by it's full original definition of that term.
British shows normally have a small number of episodes. They tend to be more on quality than quantity.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It gets my interests going tackling the social issues!

careful! social issues are mighty close to political ones.... :) :)

btw- how ARE we going to handle any political issues that come up in the body of a show?

like this show or EXPANSE

i asked before, still wondering.... thx

heisenberg

Earl Grey

btw- how ARE we going to handle any political issues that come up in the body of a show?

We can still talk about the social political issues, but let's not turn this into Hillary vs Obama vs Trump debate. i.e. like this cespit. My god, just reading a few pages was enough to make me close it. These people have so much hatred jesus christ and have no lives so they go on being a keyboard warrior trolling HARD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
watched all of s3

liked all of the eps, especially SAN JUNIPERO and HATED IN THE NATION

and do these writers have a serious cynical streak on new tech or what?

i thought i was the cynical one!

s4 comes out dec 29 for all of us non pirates :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I recently watched Black Mirror. This show is really good. I've seen all but the last episode (season 4 episode 6). Now I think of it, I didn't see the first half of the very first episode either. When we started watching for some reason it started on the first episode of season 3, which is a really really awesome episode, the one with the trekkie-like scenario. The very first episode is insane by the way, quite a shocker. Not all episodes are of the same quality story-wise, but generally they are all still good quality. Like other people previously said in this thread, highly recommended.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

You know when you are drifting into the wrong type of political discussions here when the focus of a comment is about "liberals" or those politics are not related to a show. The other metric is when other members point out the drift into politics of the wrong type.

The social issues which are not political are fair game, since most of those issues are not as polarized as pure politics.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I recently watched Black Mirror. This show is really good. I've seen all but the last episode (season 4 episode 6). Now I think of it, I didn't see the first half of the very first episode either. When we started watching for some reason it started on the first episode of season 3, which is a really really awesome episode, the one with the trekkie-like scenario. The very first episode is insane by the way, quite a shocker. Not all episodes are of the same quality story-wise, but generally they are all still good quality. Like other people previously said in this thread, highly recommended.

Black Mirror is superb writing. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
What was this I read earlier in this thread. Are there two series? I know it started out as a British show. Or is it like the first two seasons are British and then Netflix took over?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What was this I read earlier in this thread. Are there two series? I know it started out as a British show. Or is it like the first two seasons are British and then Netflix took over?

Netflix only pays for productions of their "Originals". All episodes and seasons of Black Mirror are British productions as far as I know.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

yes, NF took over

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yes, NF took over

Netflix took over the rights and ownership, but the same British production company that made the first season made the second.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Netflix took over the rights and ownership, but the same British production company that made the first season made the second.

seasons 3 and 4 are netflix and the quality shows

it is still good, but the latest season i found disappointing compared to the earlier ones

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
seasons 3 and 4 are netflix and the quality shows

it is still good, but the latest season i found disappointing compared to the earlier ones

Even the "bad" Black Mirror episodes are far more watchable and intriguing to me than most of the other stuff out there. The slow episodes have been harder to watch though, and yeah I agree that past seasons were a bit better.