Black Friday - let the SPAM begin!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sheez, the moment midnight hit, my mailbox started filling up with Black Friday sale emails from just about every store I have ever used my credit card at! No less than 80 of them so far. I am soooo not falling for it. I find it annoying that every store thinks I have just been salivating for an 80" TV or a 4K TV or a brand new smartphone I don't need, or an exercise machine. LMAO at all of this crazy marketing!

So many of the people I know are revolting against the Black Friday game. The prices of things drop mostly on goods that were not selling during the year. Patio sets, barbeques, furniture, summer clothing, stuff I just do not need.

I cannot believe that people line up outside of stores like Walmart and Sears and Macy's for Black Friday sales. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't know a single person participating in the Black Friday nonsense this year. Frankly I'm surprised people still fall for this stupidity. And my heart goes out to those poor retail employees that now have to work all night long because Black Friday has now started on Thanksgiving day.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't know a single person participating in the Black Friday nonsense this year. Frankly I'm surprised people still fall for this stupidity. And my heart goes out to those poor retail employees that now have to work all night long because Black Friday has now started on Thanksgiving day.

It's ridiculous! I don't know anybody personally who is waiting in any lines anywhere. The people I know who were shopping for Christmas or Hannukah are doing it online. or have already done over the past few months. Santas are already on display in many stores. Christmas tree lots opened two weeks ago!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
A friend mentioned an ad he had seen in his paper (I think it was from Walmart) and they had some crazy deal on TV's. In small print under the ad it said "Approx 2 per store". :rolleye0014: So basically the odds of you getting one if you're one of the 600 idiots standing in line out front are pretty low.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Sheez, the moment midnight hit, my mailbox started filling up with Black Friday sale emails from just about every store I have ever used my credit card at! No less than 80 of them so far. I am soooo not falling for it. I find it annoying that every store thinks I have just been salivating for an 80" TV or a 4K TV or a brand new smartphone I don't need, or an exercise machine. LMAO at all of this crazy marketing!

So many of the people I know are revolting against the Black Friday game. The prices of things drop mostly on goods that were not selling during the year. Patio sets, barbeques, furniture, summer clothing, stuff I just do not need.

I cannot believe that people line up outside of stores like Walmart and Sears and Macy's for Black Friday sales. :)

Well you know OM1, economics says that this is how you stimulate the economy; by people buying useless shit they don't need with money that they don't have. I am however, just waiting for the all viral videos to be uploaded for a cheap laugh.