BATMAN vs SUPERMAN

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
In one of the final scenes in the trailer, even if Batman had some technology that gave him the strength to block Superman's punch, it still would have thrown his whole body through the air. There's nothing nailing him to the ground. We've already established that, in this iteration, it's Krypton atmosphere that strips him of his powers, not "Kryptonite". So, not sure how Batman could possibly acquire equal resistance to Superman's strength.

Throwing Blunder Woman in there was just pointless. Honestly. It's called Batman vs Superman.
There is a line from supes in the trailer stating that he could have "ended this at any time", so perhaps he just isn't hitting as hard as he could?
As for WW, I thought they were using the "god-like" version of her for this movie, in which case she can certainly stand toe to toe with superman.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes on Wonder Woman, this is the "New 52" version so basically she is Thor-ina.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Bluce Ree

There is a line from supes in the trailer stating that he could have "ended this at any time", so perhaps he just isn't hitting as hard as he could?

Which makes the whole thing pointless, doesn't it? Where's the thrill? What's keeping fans on the edge of their seats? Since Superman "clearly" can kill Batman anytime he wants it just becomes a snuff film, a silver screen exercise in masturbation.

As for WW, I thought they were using the "god-like" version of her for this movie, in which case she can certainly stand toe to toe with superman.

So, redundant and superfluous, a.k.a. pointless. DC and Marvel are really not obliged to put every single stupid comic book hero they ever created during the era of cotton candy, malt shakes and DeSotos onto the silver screen but they act like it's a duty to do so.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Which makes the whole thing pointless, doesn't it? Where's the thrill? What's keeping fans on the edge of their seats? Since Superman "clearly" can kill Batman anytime he wants it just becomes a snuff film, a silver screen exercise in masturbation.

So, redundant and superfluous, a.k.a. pointless. DC and Marvel are really not obliged to put every single stupid comic book hero they ever created during the era of cotton candy, malt shakes and DeSotos but they act like it's a duty to do so.

:shep_lol::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::happy0007::shep_lol::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::happy0007::shep_lol::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::happy0007:

196582jq2h7ikjpg.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hey, I'm not lining up to watch it :lol:
So, redundant and superfluous, a.k.a. pointless. DC and Marvel are really not obliged to put every single stupid comic book hero they ever created during the era of cotton candy, malt shakes and DeSotos but they act like it's a duty to do so.
Well, they are introducing a big bad at the end who can challenge supes, so there is a reason for it. Also, WW is a founding member of the Justice League, so you can't really have a JLA origin movie without her.
Again, not defending it, I find it pretty stupid as well, just pointing it out.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG! Like, WTF is Aquaman going to do on land?

DC needs to keep Superman away from the other superheroes in terms of being their enemies, because he is just too strong. This has been my issue with Supes since day one in the comics. Have him thrown in with The Silver Surfer, Galactus, and those folks...much like Thor and Asgard in the Marvel universe. This movie concept, what they hell were they thinking? It could have been Batman AND Superman (and the others) battling some new threat. Even with Aquaman and Flash (both will be in this movie from what I am hearing) and Wonder Woman, Superman can still exterminate them easily.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
DC needs to keep Superman away from the other superheroes in terms of being their enemies, because he is just too strong. This has been my issue with Supes since day one in the comics. Have him thrown in with The Silver Surfer, Galactus, and those folks...much like Thor and Asgard in the Marvel universe. This movie concept, what they hell were they thinking? It could have been Batman AND Superman (and the others) battling some new threat. Even with Aquaman and Flash (both will be in this movie from what I am hearing) and Wonder Woman, Superman can still exterminate them easily.

You have issues keeping your universes straight :lol:

Bluce Ree

Hey, I'm not lining up to watch it :lol:

Well, they are introducing a big bad at the end who can challenge supes, so there is a reason for it. Also, WW is a founding member of the Justice League, so you can't really have a JLA origin movie without her.
Again, not defending it, I find it pretty stupid as well, just pointing it out.

Sure but why does DC need to bring JLA to the screen? Just because Marvel made the Avengers so they need their shot at materializing their stupid version of a band?

DC has done well with the standalone formula. They really don't need teams, especially with one member who is all but omnipotent and needs no team.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
DCs problem is that most of their movies have been disasters. Except for their Batman films in general and the first couple of Christopher Reeve Superman films the rest have been dreck.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sure but why does DC need to bring JLA to the screen? Just because Marvel made the Avengers so they need their shot at materializing their stupid version of a band?
Of course, they are following the money :)
DC has done well with the standalone formula. They really don't need teams, especially with one member who is all but omnipotent and needs no team.
Well, it's no secret I like the DC stand-alone offerings, so I would agree with you there. I mean, I -liked- the small bits of JLA that were in Smallville, because their scarcity made them more "epic" in nature, but again, that was Clark, not so much Superman.
AFAIC, this movie does not really interest me all that much, for pretty much the same reasons you have.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
DCs problem is that most of their movies have been disasters. Except for their Batman films in general and the first couple of Christopher Reeve Superman films the rest have been dreck.
Yep.
They simply -cannot- write good stories that translate well to the 2-3 hour formula. They also can't seem to cast worth a damn these days. Cavell is -horrid- as Superman, and while I will reserve judgement on Affleck (as when he nails a role, he can be damn good), I am not expecting much from him. Batman Begins and TDK were good stories, but Bale was -terrible- as Bruce Wayne, which hurt him as Batman. Morgan Freeman and Heath Ledger were the only 2 stand out actors in the movies IMHO.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep. I made my thoughts on Man of Steel pretty clear:

http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/threads/man-of-steel-a-k-a-eat-the-glock.26888/

On the Batman films, the first two in each of the Keaton and Bale series weren't bad (I still love Jack Nicholson's Joker - the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist :icon_rotflmao:) while the other films were terrible. Only the first two Superman Reeve films were watchable. And then you get to crud like Jonah Hex and Constantine.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Do you mean the series of Constantine, or that crappy movie Joe?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The horrid film. DC is not directly involved in producing the series.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The horrid film. DC is not directly involved in producing the series.
Ahh.
Unfortunately Constantine the series failed, not enough eyeballs :(
Probably the subject matter, made SPN seem like a sunday school meeting.