BATMAN vs SUPERMAN

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
The Wonder Woman TV show did it like that too....

View attachment 32221

They could have just shown the outline of a plane. Wonder Woman's plane is actually just "transparent". She needs to have Tony Stark build her a new one. :)

The TV show was going off the comic. Still the blame goes to Stan Lee.

I do not truly care about how Wonder Woman travels, in a visible plane or if it's invisible. The new WW is a major hottie! SWING!

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
Apparently in one Wonder Woman iteration she can actually fly by herself sans plane. Someone told me it was because she was given flying powers by a goddess or something. I didn't really pay attention when I heard the explanation because it sounded stupid to me.

View attachment 32222

The Pre-Crisis version of the invisible plane was a necessity because before the Crisis on Infinite Earths rewrote Wonder Woman's history—along with the histories of many other heroes—Wonder Woman simply could not fly. She grew increasingly powerful through the Silver Age of comic books and beyond, acquiring the power to ride wind currents thus allowing her to imitate flight over short distance. This had limitations, however; for example, if there was no wind and the air was completely still she would be trapped on the ground or if dropped from a distance that she would helplessly fall out of control to the ground. Though this meant that she would rely on the invisible plane less frequently, she always had need of it.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
Interesting stuff. However the Wonder Woman in the new film is not this one but rather the one they recently invented in comics:

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captur...-origin-for-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

Basically she is Thor.

In its original version, Wonder Woman was created from clay by Queen Hipppolyta and brought to life by the Greek Gods, in the cartoon her father is Hades.

In Batman vs Superman her father is Zeus, All the versions of WW have her as having super powers.

The article you linked to reads as the this movie adaption of WW is not the WW he has envision.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Interesting stuff. However the Wonder Woman in the new film is not this one but rather the one they recently invented in comics:

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captur...-origin-for-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

Basically she is Thor.

From that link:

Basically, they're making her Thor. This is the version of the character who is part of what's called the DC New 52 Universe. She is a demigod, and her father is Zeus. That's pretty much it.

That might as well make her Xena then. It's ridiculous to me. I have no desire to see this movie, not just because of her, but the whole silly Batman vs Superman concept. Who thought of this crap? I will see it, but I wont spend a dime on it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This is just one link. There are a bunch of others and they are all saying that the movie Wonder Woman is the one from DCs "New 52". And that means she is a demigod with Thor like abilities.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
This is just one link. There are a bunch of others and they are all saying that the movie Wonder Woman is the one from DCs "New 52". And that means she is a demigod with Thor like abilities.

But being the daughter of Zeus, she should be more like Wonder Girl. Then Pre-52 she was more Thor like in power.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's actually the reverse. New 52 completely changed her origins and everything. New 52 made her literally a demigod as Zeus is her father and indeed in that story her bracelets also serve to restrain her full powers - when she takes them off she has Zeus-like power. It's a complete muckup of the character and like I said upthread basically makes her "Thor-ina".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's actually the reverse. New 52 completely changed her origins and everything. New 52 made her literally a demigod as Zeus is her father and indeed in that story her bracelets also serve to restrain her full powers - when she takes them off she has Zeus-like power. It's a complete muckup of the character and like I said upthread basically makes her "Thor-ina".

It's totally whack. And the fact that they mixed up her wardrobe with Xena is just another smudge on this movie. Did this New 52 dump her invisible plane? How about that magic lasso? The original story had her as an unborn child in the womb of her mother who was killed by a man. Wonder Woman was an icon for feminst empowerment. They transferred the soul of the unborn child and that is where Wonder Woman came from. Now, she is a child of Zeus? Dumb. That means Hera and all the other gods know her. Dumb.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
More on her:

In this new timeline, Wonder Woman is no longer a clay figure brought to life by the magic of the gods, but the goddess daughter of Queen Hippolyta and Zeus, king of the Greek Gods. Her original origin is revealed as a cover story to explain Diana's birth as a means to protect her from Hera's wrath. Currently, Diana has taken on the role and title as the new "God of War".[81][82]

The Greek messenger god, Hermes, entrusts Wonder Woman with the protection of Zola, a young woman, who is pregnant with Zeus's child, from Hera, seething with jealousy and determined to kill the child.[83][84][85][86][87] With the appearance of a bizarre, new, chalk-white enemy, the goddess Strife (a reimagined version of Eris, the goddess of discord who had battled Wonder Woman in post-Crisis continuity), Wonder Woman discovers she, herself, is the natural-born daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus, who, after a violent clash, became lovers.[88] Hippolyta revealed Diana's earlier origin story to be a lie, spread amongst the Amazons to protect Diana from the wrath of Hera, who is known for hunting and killing several illegitimate offspring of Zeus.[88]

The first of these half-mortal siblings to reveal himself to Wonder Woman was her older half-brother, Lennox Sandsmark, who could transform himself into living, marble-like stone and, before his death, was revealed to be the father of Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark).[89] His killer, the First Born, the eldest progeny of Zeus, would become Wonder Woman's first major super-villain of the New 52.

wwrolleye.gif

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The sadder part is they are wasting a good actress (who even has military training) in the role. It will be good for Gal Gadot's career overall but not really something she can show her acting chops off in.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ok the first trailer looked okay the second lost me. I thought it was going to be basically the dawn of the justice league so adding Wonder woman makes sense:

as to ben affleck - he can be an excellent actor - he reminds me of a clark gable or gary cooper- limited range but what he does he does WELL! he also has a kind of 1940's glamour vibe going. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This looks incredibly entertaining, even if I think the concept is silly. :) Batman vs Superman, with a Wonder Woman somewhere in there? I'll bite.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This looks incredibly entertaining, even if I think the concept is silly. :) Batman vs Superman, with a Wonder Woman somewhere in there? I'll bite.

In one of the final scenes in the trailer, even if Batman had some technology that gave him the strength to block Superman's punch, it still would have thrown his whole body through the air. There's nothing nailing him to the ground. We've already established that, in this iteration, it's Krypton atmosphere that strips him of his powers, not "Kryptonite". So, not sure how Batman could possibly acquire equal resistance to Superman's strength.

Throwing Blunder Woman in there was just pointless. Honestly. It's called Batman vs Superman.

I'll probably save this one for HBO.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

As long as Henry Cavill takes his clothes off at some point then you can count me in! :beckett_new049:

*Ben Affleck can, and should, keep his clothes on. In fact, the movie would be well served if he kept the Batman mask and cowl on 24/7. No one needs to see that doughnut puncher without his clothes on.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
No doubt they will say Batman has kryptonite embedded in that armor.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In one of the final scenes in the trailer, even if Batman had some technology that gave him the strength to block Superman's punch, it still would have thrown his whole body through the air. There's nothing nailing him to the ground. We've already established that, in this iteration, it's Krypton atmosphere that strips him of his powers, not "Kryptonite". So, not sure how Batman could possibly acquire equal resistance to Superman's strength.

Throwing Blunder Woman in there was just pointless. Honestly. It's called Batman vs Superman.

I'll probably save this one for HBO.

I think part of the interesting aspect of this is the whole Batman vs Superman idea. Really? Like...haven't we seen Superman literally blow cars around and put fires out just by exhaling? He has X-ray vision that can also burn stuff. He could cook Batman in his outfit without even touching him. :) And Blunder Woman (loved that! :rotflmao:)...what is she doing in this, bringing Starbucks? :laughing:

I am definitely going to see it but I wont bother going to the theater to do that. :biggrin:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I still want them to do a big budget movie on this: