BATMAN vs SUPERMAN

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If you recall, the plane was invisible but Wonder Woman could be seen when she was flying in it, like she was floating in mid air or sitting in glass. What's the tactical advantage of flying something invisible that doesn't hide its contents?

I know, huh? Wth good is that? The Avengers flying aircraft carrier can make an entire squadron of planes invisible as well as the entire crew. Wonder Woman would be a stealth liability. Why did she show up anyway? Is she supposed to break up the fight, or announce she is pregnant and create tension by not saying if Batman or Supes is the baby daddy? It's like they are just throwing stuff together to compete with Avengers and Marvel. At least they are not trying to bring out Shazam. :facepalm: IMO the best DC characters are the ones in the Batman universe.

Oh, and it looks like they kept the mud brown Wonder Xena costume. Maybe she can make it turn red white and blue?

shazam_68836.jpg

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im just not seeing how this will work...

batman_superman_richard_friend_by_mspicer76-d4plitj-590x456.jpg

3075691-4906638768-super.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Batman seems to be wearing some sort of mechanical armor in the film.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Batman seems to be wearing some sort of mechanical armor in the film.
Yes, and? :) IIRC, Superman can fly and Batman cannot. In space even. He could overheat that suit by using his X-ray vision.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Yes, and? :) IIRC, Superman can fly and Batman cannot. In space even. He could overheat that suit by using his X-ray vision.

And Superman has had buildings fall on him, cars and tanks smashed over his head, and so on. What's a robot suit gonna do? :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Spiderman was always a Marvel character, not DC.

Yeah, he was. I can't remember what the issue was with Spidey and Marvel and the studios. Didn’t somebody else (another studio) own him?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And Superman has had buildings fall on him, cars and tanks smashed over his head, and so on. What's a robot suit gonna do? :icon_lol:

I hope the next trailer shows what Wonder Woman is supposed to be doing in the film. She is not even as badass as Black Widow and BW is not a superhero. IIRC, only those magic bracelets make Wonder Woman bulletproof. Who built that invisible jet for her? :) I am being such a microscopic nitpicker. :anim_59: :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sony Pictures, if I'm not mistaken.

You’re right! Sony needs to just sell Spidey to Disney. I think he will be appearing in the next Avengers movie by license agreement.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I hope the next trailer shows what Wonder Woman is supposed to be doing in the film. She is not even as badass as Black Widow and BW is not a superhero. IIRC, only those magic bracelets make Wonder Woman bulletproof. Who built that invisible jet for her? :) I am being such a microscopic nitpicker. :anim_59: :P

Please, nitpick away! I'm with you 100%. :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Alas Wonder Woman also has different versions of the character. If as is being said online that this is the one from the DC "New 52" then she would have powers and abilities similar to Thor.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If you recall, the plane was invisible but Wonder Woman could be seen when she was flying in it, like she was floating in mid air or sitting in glass. What's the tactical advantage of flying something invisible that doesn't hide its contents?

Not only that but if you're piloting an invisible plane how the hell do you find the door let alone the controls to fly the damn thing? And more importantly, how do you find the damn thing after you've parked it somewhere? :daniel_new004:

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member

Wonder woman being shown in the plane is for the comic reader to know she was there, otherwise the comic panel would be blank. Blame that on Stan lee.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wonder woman being shown in the plane is for the comic reader to know she was there, otherwise the comic panel would be blank. Blame that on Stan lee.

The Wonder Woman TV show did it like that too....

wonder-woman-invisible-jet.jpg

They could have just shown the outline of a plane. Wonder Woman's plane is actually just "transparent". She needs to have Tony Stark build her a new one. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Apparently in one Wonder Woman iteration she can actually fly by herself sans plane. Someone told me it was because she was given flying powers by a goddess or something. I didn't really pay attention when I heard the explanation because it sounded stupid to me.

WonderWoman90002.jpg