Babylon 5 to be rebooted as a feature film?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Without looking it up, do you remember why the Minbari didn't finish off humanity?

Because, much like eating a cat, you can't finish a human in one sitting? :daniel_new004:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Without looking it up, do you remember why the Minbari didn't finish off humanity?
The religious caste saw something in Sinclair, and D'Lenn argued that they were right in front of the grey council.
The thrust of their argument was that Minbari souls were being reborn in human form.
Beyond that, I would have to start looking things up, or watch it again, and I have done my B5 rewatch for this year :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thats why it was and would be a "prequel" to B5

the outcome of that war is what caused the construction of the babylon stations, and the depiction of that war and what happened in it is essential to the story of B5-at least it was in the TOS

if anyone doesn't instantly know what I am talking about WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, is NO true B5 fan! :icon_lol:

That might actually be a more exciting story to tell. I just hope they would reveal more about the Vorlons and the Shadows, and not make them TOO mysterious.

They really are going to have to up the ante for visuals. I just started a B5 rewatch and I find myself rolling my eyes at some of the visuals. There are better visuals in most modern PC games. This includes interiors too. Everything from the station to the ships to the interior sets. I wonder if they would keep the hair plume thing with the Centauri? :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If you go strictly by the article, the movie sounds like it would be set after the end of most of the series but before Sheridan flies off in his personal spaceship.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If you go strictly by the article, the movie sounds like it would be set after the end of most of the series but before Sheridan flies off in his personal spaceship.

This is why a feature movie is not really the place to reboot Babylon 5. The series introduced the characters sequentially like they did in Dark Matter. It will suck if they pick it up with the characters already in it without properly introducing them. :(

ecgordon

Star's Hero
A B5 film set after the events of the series would only be of interest to those of us already B5 fans. As happened with Serenity, there's just not enough of us for a major motion picture. Direct-to-DVD or Netflix/Amazon/Hulu would be the best option. A complete reboot would still need to be geared to TV, not a theatrical feature.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
A B5 film set after the events of the series would only be of interest to those of us already B5 fans. As happened with Serenity, there's just not enough of us for a major motion picture. Direct-to-DVD or Netflix/Amazon/Hulu would be the best option. A complete reboot would still need to be geared to TV, not a theatrical feature.

I completely agree. It needs to be at the very least, a miniseries. I think better would just be to make it a series like the original. I think the DVD market is shrinking very quickly and will be gone within 10 years, because the disc media is unpopular with Millenials. If they cannot stream it, they won't watch it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

because they had captured sinclar from his fighter at the 'battle of the line' and detected minbari dna in him-not JUST the DNA but also that he was a re-incarnation of one of their most revered prophets. that this prophet chose to be reborn as a human told the minbari that they should surrender to the humans and make peace with them as well as help them in the human exploration endeavors through the galaxy

how did i do?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That might actually be a more exciting story to tell. I just hope they would reveal more about the Vorlons and the Shadows, and not make them TOO mysterious.

They really are going to have to up the ante for visuals. I just started a B5 rewatch and I find myself rolling my eyes at some of the visuals. There are better visuals in most modern PC games. This includes interiors too. Everything from the station to the ships to the interior sets. I wonder if they would keep the hair plume thing with the Centauri? :)

well, it was pretty cool for its time-at least on par with ST:TNG i'd say

and, it was on a brand new network-the PTEN I believe it was called.

that fact may have played into the money they had available as well

the PTEN only had two shows worth a damn B5 and I think the other was called TIME TRAXX(?) an ok show as i remember

PTEN only was on the "air" like 2 or 3 nights a week-dont think they got many commercial spots sold

for us B5 fans, it was a good thing, that again --I know it was a turner network but guessing, I think TNT-- that picked it up after season 2 i think.

-----------------
the centauri thing got a little out of hand with the hair and the details of centauri sexuality,etc--like when he used his presumed-to-be-penis, to cheat at cards

and the hair could have gone as well after s1-would not have upset me

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Sincalir was a rebirth of the minbari prophet Val--something, Valir?

as ithink more on it , i now remember that Sincalir came back in latter seasons.

B4 showed up (details murky) and Sinclair took it back 2 (3?) thousand yrs to help the minbari fight their war against the shadows

with the present sinclair now in the past, the loop was fulfilled and Sinclair lived as a minbari-therefore his DNA was actually infused into minbari dna- that is what the grey council discovered at his capture

also, for sinclair and everyone else-not to mention the plot--he was damn lucky that he was captured by a warship of the religious caste and not one of the warrior caste,where his "origins" may have never been discovered and Earth then destroyed
-------------------------

now without looking- does anyone know the 'why' of the actor who portrayed sinclair for leaving as a cast regular? JM Strac kept it a secret until after the guy died (died not that long ago-when i read his reason for leaving the show)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sincalir was a rebirth of the minbari prophet Val--something, Valir?

as ithink more on it , i now remember that Sincalir came back in latter seasons.

B4 showed up (details murky) and Sinclair took it back 2 (3?) thousand yrs to help the minbari fight their war against the shadows

with the present sinclair now in the past, the loop was fulfilled and Sinclair lived as a minbari-therefore his DNA was actually infused into minbari dna- that is what the grey council discovered at his capture

also, for sinclair and everyone else-not to mention the plot--he was damn lucky that he was captured by a warship of the religious caste and not one of the warrior caste,where his "origins" may have never been discovered and Earth then destroyed
-------------------------

now without looking- does anyone know the 'why' of the actor who portrayed sinclair for leaving as a cast regular? JM Strac kept it a secret until after the guy died (died not that long ago-when i read his reason for leaving the show)
He was suffering from mental issues, I cannot recall if it was Addiction, or Depression.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The religious caste saw something in Sinclair, and D'Lenn argued that they were right in front of the grey council.
The thrust of their argument was that Minbari souls were being reborn in human form.
Beyond that, I would have to start looking things up, or watch it again, and I have done my B5 rewatch for this year :D

because they had captured sinclar from his fighter at the 'battle of the line' and detected minbari dna in him-not JUST the DNA but also that he was a re-incarnation of one of their most revered prophets. that this prophet chose to be reborn as a human told the minbari that they should surrender to the humans and make peace with them as well as help them in the human exploration endeavors through the galaxy

how did i do?

Close. If you recall in S3, Sinclair went 1000 years back in time aboard Babylon 4 (which had apparently disappeared prior to B5) to the Minbari Shadow war and transformed himself into a Minbari, using the device Delenn used to become a human hybrid, to become the Minbari prophet Valen. What the Minbari had detected when they captured and scanned Sinclair's DNA during the Human Minbari war was not a reincarnation of Valen but Valen himself.

Bootstrap paradox? :icon_lol:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Close. If you recall in S3, Sinclair went 1000 years back in time aboard Babylon 4 (which had apparently disappeared prior to B5) to the Minbari Shadow war and transformed himself into a Minbari, using the device Delenn used to become a human hybrid, to become the Minbari prophet Valen. What the Minbari had detected when they captured and scanned Sinclair's DNA during the Human Minbari war was not a reincarnation of Valen but Valen himself.

This is the story I remember.

Sinclair might of entered the same type of cocoon that altered Delenne's DNA making her look more Earth-like.

If I remember correctly there was also a 1,000 year-old letter being held in trust by the Grey Council for Sinclair.

In any case that was a pretty good send-off for Sinclair. Nice, also when he gives some advice to his old friend to,"Watch his back". Closing the time-loop.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

yeah!!! re-incarnation of Van Halen!!!! Sammy or Dave?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
He was suffering from mental issues, I cannot recall if it was Addiction, or Depression.

according to J M Strac- is condition could have well been paranoid schizophrenia-he was suffering from delusions and paranoia-they didn't begin, according to O'hare until filming for B5 began

he had been on meds for quite a long time--it was the knowledge of so many B5 fans wanting him back in some way that he said was more therapeutic then any drug he had been prescribed

Michael O'hare died of a heart attack and its complications in 2012--I only know this because I remember reading about his death last year or so...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
anyone remember the little mousy guy who was down on the planet manning that alien power station? i am thinking he was the one who helped sinclair jump back in time--can't quite remember though--

it is so tempting to look stuff up-it is also pretty evident if someone does :anim_53: :psychosga: :haha: penalties for cheating will be strictly enforced :tongue:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
anyone remember the little mousy guy who was down on the planet manning that alien power station? i am thinking he was the one who helped sinclair jump back in time--can't quite remember though--

it is so tempting to look stuff up-it is also pretty evident if someone does :anim_53: :psychosga: :haha: penalties for cheating will be strictly enforced :tongue:
Zathros, it was Zathros, but I am not sure if it was Zathros. He made the time stabilizers for them IIRC.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Zathros, it was Zathros, but I am not sure if it was Zathros. He made the time stabilizers for them IIRC.

!!!!

yes-your Zathros*3 made me remember other qualities of him

and wasn't he a clone or something?

and whose power station was it?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
!!!!

yes-your Zathros*3 made me remember other qualities of him

and wasn't he a clone or something?
Zathros not a clone, Zathros have brothers, but Zathros not sure :D
and whose power station was it?
One of the other Elder races, I am not exactly sure if they ever mention just who made it. I -think- the Mimbari guy who ends up interfacing with the machine -might- have said it in passing when they started the search for allies using the machine, but if they did, I am drawing a blank.