Arnold Schwarzenegger considering Terminator, Predator and Running Man remakes

heisenberg

Earl Grey
th Woernerhttp://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2011/03/medium_arnold.jpg Over a month ago Arnold Schwarzenegger announced that he was ready to start acting again. And now Hollywood has come a calling with a remake, reboot or some sort of spin-off of every great action movie he's ever been in. At the "Arnold Classic" (a bodybuilding seminar) Schwarzenegger told the website Arnold Fans exactly what he (and Hollywood) has in mind for his return to film:
"Well, first of all it's more 15 films, obvious ones from The Terminator to remakes of Predator and The Running Man and all of those things. Then also a lot of original stuff too. But I am also packaging a Comic Book character right now. I'm going to announce that sometime by the end of March or the beginning of April."
While we're always ready for another helping of Predator, we're not sure the monster movie needs a remake. And the same goes for Running Man. Who knows if these pitches are true remakes or merely sequels or spin-offs. No one can be certain with a statement this vague. But one thing is certain, this come back is going to be massive. And if Arnold wants to do a Predator remake, Hollywood will make it happen, but fingers crossed for a worthy sequel instead.
Also, a comic book character? Interesting — no word on if the character is based on Arnold, or just someone he's helping create, but consider our interest piqued
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/8/2011/03/b2379edd87f2cd49b96ef5b1860e5e6b/340x.jpg

lol...arnie needs to call it quits, I think the job of being mayor caused him to gain the extra baggage.

http://io9.com/#!5778569/arnold-schwarzenegger-considering-terminator-predator-and-running-man-remakes

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

LOL! I hope he is just going to be a producer, not actually IN those movie remakes!

I was amazed when I saw him in T3, how he managed to lose all that weight and put on enough muscle to look almost the same as in T1. But I think it's over now if he's in fact planning to star in the remakes and not just produce them. Unless they go the route of T4 and digitally put his head on the body of that other Austrian bodybuilder. But even then he'd need some major lifting and make up...

As for doing the remakes, it sadly sounds as though Hollywood has run out of ideas for sci-fi action movies :(

S

Stonelesscutter

Is THAT really what Arnold looks like these days??? Life is cruel!

G

Graybrew1

I was amazed when I saw him in T3, how he managed to lose all that weight and put on enough muscle to look almost the same as in T1. But I think it's over now if he's in fact planning to star in the remakes and not just produce them. Unless they go the route of T4 and digitally put his head on the body of that other Austrian bodybuilder. But even then he'd need some major lifting and make up...

As for doing the remakes, it sadly sounds as though Hollywood has run out of ideas for sci-fi action movies :(

How old is he?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Stories have been coming out that he used Roland Kickinger as his body double in T3, which he wanted to keep quiet. Roland was also the body double in T4.

Arnold can get himself back in shape to some degree if he really wants to. He was a professional bodybuilder, so, it would be much easier for him to achieve what he had than a novice just getting started at the same age.

G

Graybrew1

Stories have been coming out that he used Roland Kickinger as his body double in T3, which he wanted to keep quiet. Roland was also the body double in T4.

Arnold can get himself back in shape to some degree if he really wants to. He was a professional bodybuilder, so, it would be much easier for him to achieve what he had than a novice just getting started at the same age.

Even with that drooping skin? Wouldn't he need a surgeon for that?

Bluce Ree

Even with that drooping skin? Wouldn't he need a surgeon for that?

I think that photo above was proven to have been altered. If I can dig up the article I found you can see the original one that shows he's still sagging a bit but not to that point. Here's a recent one of him in a sweater and you can see he still bulges:

24ffb_arnold-schwarzenegger-photo_Credit-gossipwhyfame-200x300.jpg

S

Stonelesscutter

I think that photo above was proven to have been altered. If I can dig up the article I found you can see the original one that shows he's still sagging a bit but not to that point. Here's a recent one of him in a sweater and you can see he still bulges:

View attachment 4412

I dunno. This pic seems to give sort of a feminine vibe.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
He may still "bulge", but sagging and skin tone is always a concern at that age - and the cut up look only works with levels of body fat which are very difficult the older one gets. Still, modern cosmetic surgery can do a lot these days...

Bluce Ree

He may still "bulge", but sagging and skin tone is always a concern at that age - and the cut up look only works with levels of body fat which are very difficult the older one gets. Still, modern cosmetic surgery can do a lot these days...

Bodybuilders put their bodies through grueling conditioning over years that predispose them to what's been termed as "muscle memory". What that implies is that it would take less time and effort for Arnold to get back a good amount of his muscle tone than it would for most. There isn't much he can do about sagging skin and stretch marks but the growth in size of muscle tissue can fill that in to some degree.

To be honest, at his age, he could safely throw in some synthetic testosterone to give him a boost and HGH to help bring his body fat levels down to single digits, which would be more effective and no worse than cosmetic surgery. He'll never be cut up like he was in his youth but he could still look pretty damn good on screen.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Bodybuilders put their bodies through grueling conditioning over years that predispose them to what's been termed as "muscle memory". What that implies is that it would take less time and effort for Arnold to get back a good amount of his muscle tone than it would for most. There isn't much he can do about sagging skin and stretch marks but the growth in size of muscle tissue can fill that in to some degree.

To be honest, at his age, he could safely throw in some synthetic testosterone to give him a boost and HGH to help bring his body fat levels down to single digits, which would be more effective and no worse than cosmetic surgery. He'll never be cut up like he was in his youth but he could still look pretty damn good on screen.
Exactly! He'd also have to drastically cut his Sodium, which is also very hard on the body.

Bluce Ree

Exactly! He'd also have to drastically cut his Sodium, which is also very hard on the body.

That has more to do with water retention and it's only necessary if they're going into competition where body fat really needs to be < 3%. I think we can safely say those days are behind him. :icon_lol:

At 10% BF he'd look ripped enough and his abs would be quite obvious.

But, you're right in that he'd have to fix his diet, which I'm sure wouldn't be hard for him to do.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
That has more to do with water retention and it's only necessary if they're going into competition where body fat really needs to be < 3%. I think we can safely say those days are behind him. :icon_lol:

At 10% BF he'd look ripped enough and his abs would be quite obvious.

But, you're right in that he'd have to fix his diet, which I'm sure wouldn't be hard for him to do.
Water retention is important. Not only at very low body fat rates...

And then, after considering all of this he'll probably ask himself whether it's REALLY worth doing!

Bluce Ree

Water retention is important. Not only at very low body fat rates...

And then, after considering all of this he'll probably ask himself whether it's REALLY worth doing!

Dude, once you get over the hump and fall into the discipline, it's incredibly rewarding. It sounds like hard work but, once you're used to it, all you're really doing is changing your habits.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Dude, once you get over the hump and fall into the discipline, it's incredibly rewarding. It sounds like hard work but, once you're used to it, all you're really doing is changing your habits.
You're like twenty or thirty something, right?