Anyone got Roku?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am officially a fan of Roku. What an awesome way to watch TV! Built in or as a device.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am officially a fan of Roku. What an awesome way to watch TV! Built in or as a device.

if you ever have the need, you should try out a roku tv

they are very reasonably priced--hell, the are really not much more then a oversized tablet--and everything is built in

haven't seen one with a built in dvd/blu ray player yet, but who needs one of those anymore, right?

the 32" (we have 3 of them) is about $130 to $150 depending on where you get it-never had a problem with it hardware wise

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep Roku channel is free, which is a plus to it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
if you ever have the need, you should try out a roku tv

they are very reasonably priced--hell, the are really not much more then a oversized tablet--and everything is built in

haven't seen one with a built in dvd/blu ray player yet, but who needs one of those anymore, right?

the 32" (we have 3 of them) is about $130 to $150 depending on where you get it-never had a problem with it hardware wise

With the Roku unit, I am not limited to where I use it. I have it hooked to my 55", and in a minute I can unhook it and attach it to my 32" and use it there. :) When I get my next TV however, it will have to have Roku built in.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
With the Roku unit, I am not limited to where I use it. I have it hooked to my 55", and in a minute I can unhook it and attach it to my 32" and use it there. :) When I get my next TV however, it will have to have Roku built in.

they have a 60" hitachi (various companies make roku tv's)

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/60-uh...l15=51453838482&wl17=1o1&veh=sem&source=ifpla

and a tcl 65"

https://www.buydig.com/shop/product...a3HjfDSF2ke97tpw71IijVMdzFD5rn0RoClFEQAvD_BwE

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ok so second thoughts on Stremio . As amazing as a program that it is , it comes with some serious drawbacks . I just uninstalled it off all my devices ,,,

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok so second thoughts on Stremio . As amazing as a program that it is , it comes with some serious drawbacks . I just uninstalled it off all my devices ,,,

I never installed it because it's new and nobody knows much about it. I have been using Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) since it first came out in 2003, and it's open source and easy to modify and run on Linux or Windows or even Android. Only the addons are unpredictable. But they are just addons and not part of the core program.

Thanks for this update!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Do we have a Kodi specific thread ? I can't find it or I am just too lazy to look . Sorry for highjacking roku thread. . Here is a vid for fixing buffering issues with Kodi . It worked for me and I do not have a super fast internet connection like some of you guys have ... I still get a bit of buffering but it has improved and Kodi seems to have 90% to 95% less buffering . I am also using a vpn .