Anton Yelchin(Star trek's Chekov) passed away

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sad. I may not have been crazy about his rendition of Chekov but that was equally the writers fault, the actor had promise.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So sorry to hear that Chekov died. That just sucks, only 27. It's odd, I spent last night watching some Star Trek movies and another one today. Now suddenly this. I was watching the older movies, but right now I've put Into Darkness on, in honour of Anton. Rest in peace.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So sorry to hear that Chekov died. That just sucks, only 27. It's odd, I spent last night watching some Star Trek movies and another one today. Now suddenly this. I was watching the older movies, but right now I've put Into Darkness on, in honour of Anton. Rest in peace.

WTF? How the hell did he die? Im searching now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Freak car accident? Wow.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/anton-yelchin-star-trek-actor-904280

Anton Yelchin, best known for playing Chekov in the new Star Trek films, has died. He was 27.

The actor was killed in a car accident early Sunday morning, his publicist, Jennifer Allen confirmed.

The accident happened around 1:10 a.m. at Yelchin's home in Studio City, LAPD spokeswoman Jenny Houser told The Hollywood Reporter. "It appears he momentarily exited his car and it rolled backward, causing trauma that led to his death," said Houser.

Yelchin was on his way to meet his friends for rehearsal and when he didn't respond, his friends went to check on him. The actor was found pinned between the car and the fence and a mailbox pillar.

Yelchin stars in the upcoming Star Trek Beyond, which is set to open July 22. The film's studio, Paramount Pictures, released a statement on Yelchin's death:

All of us at Paramount join the world in morning the untimely passing of Antony Yelchin. As a member of the Star Trek family, he was beloved by so many and he will missed by all. We share our deepest condolences with his mother, father and family.

RIP, young bright star. :(

AntonYelchin.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Geez, you'd think somebody at Paramount would make sure there would be no spelling errors in such a sensitive statement.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
It just shows you money and fame or not, we are all just a blink of eye away from being "poof". I feel so bad for his loved ones.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Was it a nuklear wessel?

It's funny. I spoke to my wife about the nuclear wessels yesterday when we were discussing The Voyage Home. Then we got to talking about which people from the original Star Trek crew were still alive. My wife asked "Is Chekov still alive?". We both thought he is. Now this. This is just surreal.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Walter Koenig is still alive - he recently reprised his Chekov role in a Star Trek fan film:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Wow . I am in shock . He had a lot of potential as an actor . I really liked his work thus far . What a shame .

:( :( :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Damn, he was only 27. What a horrible way to go. I won't lie, I thought he was miscast in the role of Chekov but regardless, it's a horrible thing to have happened to him. :moody:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just saw a decal on dodge truck that read ( If you can't dodge it , then ram it ). It should say ( If you can't Dodge it , then your gonna die )

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Who in there right mind would put the Park position in the center position ? In any other car that would mean neutral . Neutral has been there for ions ffs ... The more tech they put into the cars , the more dangerous they seem to be becoming ...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Whether there can be a suit will depend on whether Yelchin received a recall notice and whether he acted on it. That and of course whether this occurred because the shift was on N.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Whether there can be a suit will depend on whether Yelchin received a recall notice and whether he acted on it. That and of course whether this occurred because the shift was on N.

The shift WAS in neutral. There is no lawsuit here.