Anakin child actor from prequels turned to the Dark Side in real life.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow. Remember this kid?

0408-jake-lloyd-lucas-films-everett-collection-4.jpg

That is Jake Lloyd as a kid, playing the young Anakin Skywalker in The Phantom Menace. Cute kid, full of life and a path to greatness just by being in Star Wars. This is him today:

0408-jake-lloyd-mug-shot-2.jpg

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...in-skywalker-goes-star-wars-schizophrenia.htm

He evidently has been diagnosed with schizophrenia:

His so-called fall could rival even that of his on-screen character, Anakin Skywalker. However, the true story of child star, Jake Lloyd's post-Star Wars life may also have a glimmer of hope as he has been officially diagnosed with schizophrenia and will get appropriate treatment after spending ten months in prison.

Last year, Lloyd made headlines after he was involved in a high-speed chase with police that ended with him crashing into a tree. He was arrested on June 15, 2015.

The mother of the 27-year-old actor maintained that his reckless behavior was due to a mental condition he was not taking his drugs for. She even admitted that he had previously tried to attack her when he skipped taking his medication, but she chose not to press charges.

He was involved in a high speed car chase with police:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I had heard this before, it's very sad.
Being in SW, and the fallout from that probably wrecked the guys life.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I had heard this before, it's very sad.
Being in SW, and the fallout from that probably wrecked the guys life.

Agree. From what I have read about Jake, it seems (to me) that this diagnosis of schizophrenia was given for legal reasons and not because he actually suffers from the disease. His mother had him on all sorts of meds that he might not have had to take, and those meds could actually have caused the condition and behavior. It's really sad. :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I agree it's sad, but from what I understand the schizophrenia would have happened regardless of fame or fortune. It's something that can't be prevented from happening as it seems to be physiological in nature as opposed to say a cognitive personality disorder. And supposedly it manifests itself in late teens to early twenties, so this kid is right on track with that.

No matter how you slice it it's very sad as schizophrenia is a true mental illness. It's not like this kid is throwing a Justin Bieber-type tantrum because he's a spoiled brat. He really does have a physiological problem with his brain. It can be treated but never cured and the treatments are limited in efficacy. Believe me I know as I've got a neighbor who suffers from it and even on his meds he's messed up. Plus I know a 21yo guy who was diagnosed with it recently. He was doing great going to university and playing in a band and then last fall things started to fall apart. Things have only gotten worse and worse for him in rapid order. It's really some scary shit. :moody:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I agree it's sad, but from what I understand the schizophrenia would have happened regardless of fame or fortune. It's something that can't be prevented from happening as it seems to be physiological in nature as opposed to say a cognitive personality disorder. And supposedly it manifests itself in late teens to early twenties, so this kid is right on track with that.

No matter how you slice it it's very sad as schizophrenia is a true mental illness. It's not like this kid is throwing a Justin Bieber-type tantrum because he's a spoiled brat. He really does have a physiological problem with his brain. It can be treated but never cured and the treatments are limited in efficacy. Believe me I know as I've got a neighbor who suffers from it and even on his meds he's messed up. Plus I know a 21yo guy who was diagnosed with it recently. He was doing great going to university and playing in a band and then last fall things started to fall apart. Things have only gotten worse and worse for him in rapid order. It's really some scary shit. :moody:

True. I have encountered it many times in others over the years. Usually adults though.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There's always Worf's kid from TNG who grew up to be a fine, respectable citizen:

http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_13945077

20091207__brianbonsall.jpg

That's Alexander????? Way to go, putting a tattoo on your neck in the main area where you cannot hide it :facepalm:. And those lip earrings :smiley-015: Even if you take them out, the holes are still there. This was before the tattoo:

BrianBonsall (1).jpg

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Jonathan Lipnicki, the kid from Jerry Maguire and numerous other child roles, turned out pretty good in the long run. He even made a funny video about how people just assume that since he was a child actor that naturally he would become a drug addict too.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
That's Alexander????? Way to go, putting a tattoo on your neck in the main area where you cannot hide it :facepalm:. And those lip earrings :smiley-015: Even if you take them out, the holes are still there. This was before the tattoo:

View attachment 32889
Remember T2? I feel sorry for these people. I hate to see the media who bash them because of their poor mental health rather than supporting them.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/...rlong-terminator-drugs-alcohol-transformation

580b2f2591faf_edmain.jpg

Edward-Furlong-684004.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member