Adventures in Indy

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hi,

I made it to Indianapolis a few hours ago in an adventure for a drive.

There was a heavy crosswind on I-65 (Rac will know exactly what I am speaking of) which made staying on the highway an adventure. And to make it more exciting a semi-tractor blew out a tire while in the lane next to me (2 lane highway). I got to watch the shredded tire fly right in front of my windshield, but thankfully I was not hit and the truck stopped safely.

I will be here all week so posting hours will be limited and odd.

G

Graybrew1

Hi,

There was a heavy crosswind on I-65 (Rac will know exactly what I am speaking of) which made staying on the highway an adventure. And to make it more exciting a semi-tractor blew out a tire while in the lane next to me (2 lane highway). I got to watch the shredded tire fly right in front of my windshield, but thankfully I was not hit and the truck stopped safely.

Look forward to seeing you back safe. Glad your Okay. Will Green you when I can.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hi,

But you have your DROID! You can do anything with that. :) Try the Tricorder app...way cool. Nobody ever takes video of themselves driving (duh, I wonder why!), but I think I have a way of doing it if I have my laptop in the front seat, and I plug a webcam into it and hang it on the rearview mirror. It should get a front facing view of the road and wherever you are going. I would loved to have seen that happen on film. I hope you enjoy your stay in Indy and that you will use your mighty Droid to post here while you are there. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Look forward to seeing you back safe. Glad your Okay. Will Green you when I can.

I have to admit seeing a big semi-tractor tire fly over the hood of your care really puts the issues of life in sharper focus. I felt compelled to take time after getting here to give thanks for all the good in my life.

G

Graybrew1

But you have your DROID! You can do anything with that. :) Try the Tricorder app...way cool. Nobody ever takes video of themselves driving (duh, I wonder why!), but I think I have a way of doing it if I have my laptop in the front seat, and I plug a webcam into it and hang it on the rearview mirror. It should get a front facing view of the road and wherever you are going. I would loved to have seen that happen on film. I hope you enjoy your stay in Indy and that you will use your mighty Droid to post here while you are there. :)

Mine is only as good as the coverage Verizon provides while I am mobile.:(

Sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mine is only as good as the coverage Verizon provides while I am mobile.:(

Sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Mine too, even with Sprint. But in California, you can even get three bars in the middle of Death Valley. They have antennas EVERYWHERE. But I live on the beach, and when Im home, I sometimes cant get any bars at all. No way to put a cell tower in the water :(

G

Graybrew1

Mine too, even with Sprint. But in California, you can even get three bars in the middle of Death Valley. They have antennas EVERYWHERE.

Sorry for going OT.

The worst reception I have is in my own home. LOL.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
G

Graybrew1

I have to admit seeing a big semi-tractor tire fly over the hood of your care really puts the issues of life in sharper focus. I felt compelled to take time after getting here to give thanks for all the good in my life.

I totally understand. Even in our darkest times we all have much to be thankful for.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

There is no need for ill will to come to you, so it wont. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
By the way I have LTE both where I live (west of Chicago) and here in Indy. It dropped down to 3G for a while whilst driving south on I-65 through the farmlands.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Hi,

So sweetie what the hey are you doing in Indy??? Yep those crosswinds between chicago and West Lafayette on I-65 are killers. they remain pretty bad until you reach Lebanon. :P

Have fun on I-465...the other Indianapolis speedway! :P construction everywhere in Indy right now...getting ready for superbowl 2012 (provided the strike gets settled!:P) is causing a lot of sprucing up! :D

Shredding tires are all too common around here...I live East of Indy right off I-70, talk about gaters (shredded tires) flying...nothing like one hitting the windshield is there? Makes you take a few to get on your knees and give thanks. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually I didn't use 465. I am staying at the Hilton right next to Monument Circle so I took 65 to 114 to get there.

I'm here this week at the Anthem offices of WellPoint for business meetings (oh joy!).

G

Graybrew1

Actually I didn't use 465. I am staying at the Hilton right next to Monument Circle so I took 65 to 114 to get there.

I'm here this week at the Anthem offices of WellPoint for business meetings (oh joy!).

Have "fun". :eek: :biggrin:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

OOOOH the Hilton on the circle...how hoity-toity! :D Nice area there...loads within walking distance. circle center mall has good shopping and great eats. downtown Indy is hopping sometimes. :) at least those are nice offices.;) and you got such wonderful weather...hot and humid! :P indy does that soooooooooooooo well! :rolleyes:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
OOOOH the Hilton on the circle...how hoity-toity! :D Nice area there...loads within walking distance. circle center mall has good shopping and great eats. downtown Indy is hopping sometimes. :) at least those are nice offices.;) and you got such wonderful weather...hot and humid! :P indy does that soooooooooooooo well! :rolleyes:

Back home. I can say happily that the drive home lacked the excitement of the drive in. However I was quite tired so I pulled over about halfway back (Rensselaer)and got coffee. Whole drive was thus about 3.5 hours.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Back home. I can say happily that the drive home lacked the excitement of the drive in. However I was quite tired so I pulled over about halfway back (Rensselaer)and got coffee. Whole drive was thus about 3.5 hours.

Glad to hear that you survived Indiana. ;)