A pretty funny dissection of the Resident Evil fims

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This has two videos involved:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yes all true...but, sadly, just like with TWD, I find myself weirdly committed and "balls deep" in until climax :redface-new:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Doesn't mean we can't rip the numerous flaws. Like they rightly said, even a minimal commitment to actual screenwriting would have given us an awesome movie series instead of the schlock we've gotten.

I liked how they pointed out that Umbrella is the most single minded conglomerate in cinematic history. The world may end making their experiments pointless but they keep on plugging apparently just to be evil. Or how especially in the fourth film none of the characters motivations make any sense at all.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The first RE was interesting but the rest have been pure dreck. :beckett_new050:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
exactly..but is (warning! cliche ahead) like watching a train wreck or a house on fire, very hard to take your eyes away

has there been any movie of any worth or credibility ever made from a video game?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
exactly..but is (warning! cliche ahead) like watching a train wreck or a house on fire, very hard to take your eyes away

Exactly. I'm this way with The Walking Dead and also Twilight. They're both so unimaginably horrible that I find myself fascinated. Seriously, I sit there and marvel at the fact that a huge consortium of grown adults have spent countless hours (days, weeks, months and years) to produce these craptacular extravaganzas. Sure they get paid tons but why not get paid tons and produce something worth viewing?

has there been any movie of any worth or credibility ever made from a video game?

Tomb Raider was probably the best in terms of video game to cinema, and that's not saying much at all. If they ever make an Uncharted movie I hope they do it right. I know it would be a CGI nightmare but I can overlook that if it's done really well.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, Tomb Raider (the first one) is actually a credible action adventure story. A lot of why it works is that the characters have at least a little depth and also motivations that are presented and make at least a little sense.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I dunno dude, it's so iffy these days. It's like a crap shoot whether something like this will turn out good or be a total bomb. Remember the movie they made of Doom? I loved that game but the movie sucked Tijuana donkey balls. :(

Doom was destined to be a corny movie. It's pure "shoot 'em up". I thought they did ok with Silent Hill. Not the greatest but it was decent.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Doom was destined to be a corny movie. It's pure "shoot 'em up". I thought they did ok with Silent Hill. Not the greatest but it was decent.

I agree about Silent Hill. It was such a weird game but they did an okay job of making it into a movie. Still weird as all get-out but not horrible compared to other video game to movie versions.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I just wouldn't get my hopes up. Video Game to Movie adaptations seem to attract the worst writers.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Did you see Syfy had the iteration of Dungeons and Dragons on last night? I had it on for about 5 min's--there was this guy trying to get advice on finding some dude from a hooker...."click" to the DIY network

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Did you see Syfy had the iteration of Dungeons and Dragons on last night? I had it on for about 5 min's--there was this guy trying to get advice on finding some dude from a hooker...."click" to the DIY network

Hooker's advice. Sounds like a reality show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hooker's advice. Sounds like a reality show.

it was a D&D movie, so I suppose it was someone's reality..just think of all the in-character costume watch parties D&D geeks were having last night:icon_rotflmao:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, I had to see what these two did regarding the latest Twilight movie. It is somewhat raunchy but extremely funny:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
WARNING - if you watch the last video here make sure not to be drinking anything between 8:00 and 8:30. You risk spitting it out in laughter...