A number 2 for Alien Covenant!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
in this franchise, i think the only prequel i would want to see is the 'engineers (is that what they were called?)' presence on earth millennia ago

david's summation that ancient Sumerian was the closet language to theirs was intriguing.

i could give shitzless about any sequels

Um, to do that would only clash with known science and would piss a lot of people off. No, these "engineers" did not create Humanity nor did they seed the earth with DNA. In fact, Scott invented the Engineers after the fact, because H.R. Giger's original alien pilot in the ship they found was what they saw sitting in the chair. Not just a suit.

The reason the Engineers were created and why the Alien story is being retconned is because Ridley Scott has an agenda.

Um, to do that would only clash with known science and would piss a lot of people off. No, these "engineers" did not create Humanity nor did they seed the earth with DNA. In fact, Scott invented the Engineers after the fact, because H.R. Giger's original alien pilot in the ship they found was what they saw sitting in the chair. Not just a suit.

The reason the Engineers were created and why the Alien story is being retconned is because Ridley Scott has an agenda.

I don't give two shits about the "Engineers" or "Space Jockeys" or whatever they call them. The origin of the alien species needs to remain a mystery. Maybe the Engineers created them or maybe they discovered them on some planet and utilized them as a biological weapon. Who knows, who cares, not me. The point is we want movies about the aliens themselves not some robe-wearing humanoid culture that has cities and politics and all that bullshit.

Most importantly we want a return to the director's cut of Alien where it shows the xenomorphs reproducing by themselves without a "queen bee". The best (and scariest) part of that concept is that there isn't a central bad guy to fight against. That's what makes it terrifying. Originally these things could reproduce anywhere, anytime. That's some cool shit. We need more of that.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

yup

BUT it is all sci fi /fantasy and i do enjoy watching when tptb's can INTELLIGENTLY fit in their stories to known history/archaeology,etc

but they too often screw it up

like RDM did in the BSG finale and placed the arrival of the fleet to earth too far in the past

10,000 yrs ago would have fit perfectly to what we do know about when mankind started many biological, genetic (appearance of blue eyes, green eyes, etc) and social changes (hunting to farming, etc) also a good fantasy fit for the origin of many of mankind's myth's like the greek pantheon of gods, etc

but RDM was fixated on 'mitochondrial Eve' and JUST HAD to place the arrival to the date of those bones--dumb
------------------------------------------------
---i would probably never watch these alien movies unless they come onto to NF or hulu that i am already paying for

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
For those missing Sigourney Weaver from Aliens, this one has her in this short film. A bit too dark for my liking.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I thought it was pretty good. They seemed to put a lot into the production. Will there be more?
I am not sure, you know how Neil blomkamp's projects are like for example, we are still waiting for District 10 to be made but we've heard nothing but rumours from him.

This is his interview, it looks like volume 2 might be in the works.

So you see this as one small episode in a much larger story.

Yes. We don't know what form that story will take. Rakka feels like it could almost be more of an episodic thing, because there's a lot of avenues to explore. The footage is too unconventional and weird [for a mainstream feature], and the audience has to think of the footage as a snapshot into the window of this world.

It’s the same for the film we’re going to release in a couple of weeks. When the audience understands that this isn't the complete, final story, and they choose to get behind us financially, we can then figure out if this is an episodic thing, or if it’s one big feature film. There are other ideas that we have in Volume 1, and some that will be in Volume 2, that are explicitly feature films.

These stories aren’t pre-determined: they don't have to be HBO-style, 60-minute episodes. They can be multiple 20-minute pieces, you can have a five-minute window into a character with just one scene, or you can have a two-hour piece somewhere else

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/...xperimental-sci-fi-film-rakka-watch-interview