A number 2 for Alien Covenant!!

Discussion in 'GateFans Newsline' started by yongjin02, Oct 7, 2017.

1. yongjin02

yongjin02 Well Known GateFan

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

Sheese ... WTF are they doing ... So not focusing on the alien but instead want to get more of a David story !
    Hollyweird is just living up to its name or what ...

;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

Alien Covenant was a sequel to Prometheus. So Alien Covenant 2 is a sequel to a sequel?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

Why on earth would they greenlight a sequel for such a disaster?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

And why would they want to push the alien story to the background when the whole appeal of the story is the alien?

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

really_house_of_cards.gif

Hollywood has fallen for it too. It's either reboot or sequel. There has been very little true art coming out of Hollywood for at least a decade. The creative well they are drawing from is dry, or it may be some sort of AI mashing stuff together and giving advice. Who knows? But there is little artistry. Mostly a grab for money by basing a new work on an earlier successful one (which is why this makes no sense), or reviving something already done in name, but giving it a new shell which may or may not resemble the original (hello Discovery?).

Alien Covenant sucked. So why would it's sequel be good? Prometheus sucked too. My opinions, of course!

7. Tripler

Oh they sucked . No one is going to disagree with you there. 1 and 2 were the only good ones .
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

It's like Ridley Scott has neurotically attached himself to the idea of having this rogue AI "David" become the main story. It's always bad when producers fall in love with a different story but are determined to cram it down the throats of the loyal fans of the original premise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tripler

If Alien 1 and 2 weren't so scary I would watch them again ...

;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

This "franchise" needed to end after Aliens. As the succeeding films show there was no more story to tell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

Even in prequel form there's no more story to tell. Ridley Scott should have left well enough alone. At this point he's just diluting and sodomizing the original story from Alien and Aliens.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

I love how Alien was the perfect blend of horror and scifi.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Overmind One

It's still scary even today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Overmind One

You mean AGAIN. :) Alien 4 Resurrection was just so wrong in so many ways. He retroactively killed it even then. To make the destruction complete, he just needs to have a talking form of the Alien.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. yongjin02

yes!

though the logic of the tptb's is in question--your's is impeccable!! :icon_lol:

16. yongjin02

in this franchise, i think the only prequel i would want to see is the 'engineers (is that what they were called?)' presence on earth millennia ago

david's summation that ancient Sumerian was the closet language to theirs was intriguing.

i could give shitzless about any sequels

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

I preferred they kept the Engineers a mystery along with the exact origin of the xenomorphs (the alien creature). In the original movie when they discover the crashed ship with all the eggs and the dead engineer you don't know if the aliens are just some sort of natural phenomena that the engineers discovered and are using as a weapon or if they are something grown in a lab by the engineers. I'm fine with not knowing exactly what they are. It's when they try to explain every little detail via sequels and prequels that these stories unravel and go to shit.

Like JL said, Alien and Aliens are the complete story and that's where it should have stopped. Alien 3 basically refuted what happened in Aliens and made it a completely moot movie. And Alien Resurrection (Alien 4) was just so incredibly stupid that it's not worthy of discussion -- ever.

And don't get me going about Prometheus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. yongjin02

i dont remember the dead engineer from then

but i have not watched it for along time--did they look the same?

19. PussyGalore

PussyGalore No sloots!

It was in the ship they explored, the one where Kane gets the face-hugger that starts the whole mess. The engineer doesn't look the same because what we see turned out to be a space suit of some kind. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Tripler

• Funny Funny x 1