1984 George Orwell The Movie

heisenberg

Earl Grey

It's already here. With iris scanners on phones, finger print scanners and them those selfie photos. I can't believe this was made in 1956. Wow. The writer what a visionary. Amazing.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I always flip flop between which version is the best. The oldie with Donald Pleasance or the William Hurt one.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I always flip flop between which version is the best. The oldie with Donald Pleasance or the William Hurt one.

I think the William Hurt movie fleshed out the book better than the oldie. Probably because the story was put in a better, modern perspective.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

the Hurt one was good, but just because Hurt was in it (IMO of course!) I dont know if i have ever seen him do a bad job

but the movie itself as i remember either glossed over some details or just outright skipped stuff

haven't seen the 56 version yet

--------------------------------------------------------------
as for the tech in it, i would say we are not all that far from TV's that can be used by "them" to monitor us either

i am sure the tech is there, it would only be a question of morality/ willingness of "them" to commit privacy violation

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think the William Hurt movie fleshed out the book better than the oldie. Probably because the story was put in a better, modern perspective.

like i said, i never saw the original, but i did watch the Hurt one not long after I had read the book. i had been looking forward to the movie and i remember being dissappointed