10 Billion Dollar Companies That Are Secretly Going Bankrupt

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Okay they fucking suck!

Except when in the morning I'm too late to catch a bus and I contact them and they are there in about 5 minutes or less and I arrive at work even before I would have had I taken the bus.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay they fucking suck!

Except when in the morning I'm too late to catch a bus and I contact them and they are there in about 5 minutes or less and I arrive at work even before I would have had I taken the bus.

I would LOVE to find a new job where I could drop having to drive. I love my car, but I am not loving gas prices, maintenance or unexpected flat tires or other issues.

I would LOVE to find a new job where I could drop having to drive. I love my car, but I am not loving gas prices, maintenance or unexpected flat tires or other issues.

You could always become one of those annoying people who ride their bikes to work. It's healthy for you and will save the planet by reducing carbon emissions and blah blah happy horseshit blah. :)

bike.gif

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Yes, you just proved my point. They work each day till they feel they made enough cash and then for those that want one later in the day, good frakin luck! THAT is what drives me crazy about the system over here.

OM, yes it is nice to live close enough to walk to work, but it does suck on my 7am shifts when there are no buses around and you have to walk 35 minutes to work. I would get a bike, but I was waiting to see if we would move closer to city or not. A bike would save me 60 pounds a month on bus tickets so really I should just make the room in the house for where to keep it and buy one.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
That is pretty far fetched for me in soooo many ways. I have a pretty time consuming job, I manage a team of Fraud Admins now. We live in UK so they drive on the other side of the road. On top of this, I don't have a license which would take some serious coin and time to obtain, and we would have to buy our own car because Uber is not king here and they don't supply cars. Lastly, I personally don't want to be a taxi driver so I really can't even grasp the suggestion since my whole problem is being able to get home from my job, which I really enjoy. So in order to do as you suggested, I would need to spend a whole ton of money and time to quit my job and take one that puts me on the road every day instead of using my skillset from the last couple decades which garnered me the role and has brought me kudos from both my senior management and our Client. One other serious reason why not is because one thing that I really suck at is directions. I get lost looking for the meeting rooms in our building half the time. I am quite certain I would suck at being a taxi driver as such.The majority of folks in Belfast don't even have licenses. They don't need them because this is a small city comparable to the size of Boston.I am content to stay without one. Hubby on the other hand has a keen sense of directions and a proud owner of his EU converted license so perhaps you might suggest to him.

From what I understand Uber lost it's license in London for now and have their hands full, so I don't think they will be around in Northern Ireland that much longer and it will remain with Black Cab, Valuecab and Fonacab.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyl...ndon-lyft-citymapper-taxify-via-a3665431.html

The thing is money is not enough to be able to pick up on that niche you speak of, you must first follow UK laws and regulations which are quite different from USA's. Some better, some worse, but it is their country to regulate as they see fit.

One either becomes the change they wish to see in the world, i.e. a taxi driver, or one accepts the limitations of the situation and works within that (Irish) paradigm. :cheerful:

Riding a bike on a bike-only path can be a good option but it also has drawbacks, like bad winter weather or the possibility of being hit on the head with a brick (or a large potato) and raped behind the ruins of a defunct factory. (This applies to males as well as females because we all know that Irish deviates aren't very discriminating in their proclivities.)

Conversely, if you bike alongside vehicles it can be very dangerous as God knows nearly every car on the road in the Emerald Isle is being piloted by someone who woke up that day clutching a bottle of Jamesons to their tubercular and concave breast. So basically it's a crap shoot when it comes to your chances for survival on your daily commute over there no matter how you slice it. Consider telecommuting if at all possible.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Yeah dude, I want to become a taxi driver and leave my much more prestigious and desired job because of some BS on the web...

Let me jump right on that. I know what you are doing, so consider this part of the convo done for me.

Have a great day!:cool:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
That Fresh Thyme stuff looks interesting. I wouldn't mind going to one next time I'm in USA. Last time I was there I did go to a whole foods to have a look around. Man that shit was overpriced. The only thing I ended up buying was a fresh pizza slice, which strangely for about 3 bucks and a half was not too expensive.
we have three here in Indy and I love them as well as EarthFare. I don't bother with whole foods but go to Trader Joe's now and then too.

we have three here in Indy and I love them as well as EarthFare. I don't bother with whole foods but go to Trader Joe's now and then too.

Trader Joe's is interesting; it's either hit or miss. Sometimes they have great things that are reasonably priced and other times they have over-priced weirdness. They have great unrefined coconut oil there. It's cheaper and better than the stuff at other stores. I've never tried their olive oil but I'm going to pick some up and see how it is. I was buying California Olive Ranch brand because it was highly rated and reasonably priced at my warehouse store but they don't carry it anymore. I am avoiding buying Italian olive oil anymore as it is thought to be diluted and fake.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Trader Joe's is interesting; it's either hit or miss. Sometimes they have great things that are reasonably priced and other times they have over-priced weirdness. They have great unrefined coconut oil there. It's cheaper and better than the stuff at other stores. I've never tried their olive oil but I'm going to pick some up and see how it is. I was buying California Olive Ranch brand because it was highly rated and reasonably priced at my warehouse store but they don't carry it anymore. I am avoiding buying Italian olive oil anymore as it is thought to be diluted and fake.

The best olive oil I ever had was from Croatia. Awesome stuff they make there. Families tend to make their own, but even particular brands you get in stores are the bomb.

The best olive oil I ever had was from Croatia. Awesome stuff they make there. Families tend to make their own, but even particular brands you get in stores are the bomb.

I've heard the small batch family stuff over there is awesome but the big brand stuff is dubious. Supposedly it's "watered down" with inferior oil so that's why I switched to California olive oil as it's rated to be pretty pure as opposed to the imported stuff.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Apparently we have to worry about Robots that might take over our Jobs...Right! :rolleyes: We struggle to do basic shit, how are we going to this?

http://www.popsci.com.au/robots/ind...ght-be-constructed-by-swarms-of-robots,476445

On paper it might seem all cool, but I see this just making the situation worse. That's what we were born to do.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just saw this TED video and thought I'd share it here, without wanting to make any comments or arguments myself. It's just interesting.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This could destroy amazon...Well Jeff will.

Really? I don't think so. Bezos is a trillionaire. Amazon is still growing larger and larger. They really have no real competition.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Costco in the US sells the best full virgin olive oil and the cheapest. That is where I always get mine.